T W E N T Y T W O

A/n I know that fight was stupid but that's exactly what makes it toxic. It's the dumb and little things 🤌🏻

Madeline spent 20 minutes in the shower, 5 of those minutes was spent actually showering. The 15 other minutes were spent standing under the hot water.

She would've stayed longer if she wasn't starving. She changed and used a charm to dry her hair before going the other students in the great hall. She took her seat between Alyssa and Peter. She saw that Remus wasn't there, he must already be in the shrieking shack.

"Hey." Alyssa said.

"Hey." M said back while putting food on her plate.

"You okay?"

"Mhm. Just not feeling to great. A little nauseous." She lied.

"Drink water. It'll help." She smiled at her friend.

"Liar." Peter leaned over to Madeline and whispered.

"Correct you are, Pete." She whispered back, leaning her head in.

"Wanna talk about it?"

"Not really. I'm about to pass out. Well fake pass out anyways. Don't worry about it. It's the only way that McGonagall will let Ember and I go out tomorrow night. I don't want Rem to have the guilt of possibly hurting one of us."

"Smart. I'll call over Pomfrey for you." He winked then leaned back away.

Madeline put her fist out which he fist bumped.

And with that Madeline started to let her head get loopy.

"M you okay there?" Camilla asked.

And with that Madeline 'passed out onto Pete's shoulder.

"Oh my god." Multiple people at her table gasped.

Peter put a hand on top of her head to stabilize if from falling over. Given she let her whole body go limp. With his other hand he raised it and waved Pomfrey over, McGonagall following her.

"Oh dear, must be dehydrated, let's get her to the hospital wing." Madam Pomfrey said softly.

"Would you carry her for us?" McGonagall asked Peter.

"Yeah, I can do that." He said. He adjusted his arms and picked her up bridal style.

"Don't drop her." James chuckled.

"She's pretty light. Dot think he will." Sirius said.

~

Once they were out of the great hall and were on their way to the hospital wing she opened her eyes and looked up at Peter.

He shook his head while trying not to laugh. She raised her eyebrows and smirked.

"You really are something else, M." He whispered down to her.

"I know." She smiled then shut her eyes again once she heard the doors open.

He placed her on one of the beds.

"I guess she got her wish of going any other night." McGonagall sighed. "I best go tell Ember." She walked out.

"Thank you for carrying her over." Pomfrey said to Pete.

"Yeah of course. Will she be alright?" He asked, faking a concerned voice.

"Yes, your friend will be just fine. She just needs rest. And be sure to have her drink lots of water tomorrow." She winked.