Chapter 7

Chapter 7/Visions and Gifts

As Siri and I set up the tent ,Hermione made sure Ron stayed stable, hovering over him and occasionally dabbing a bit more dittany onto his arm when it seems as though the skin wanted to split it again. Between ducking misplaced tent poles I spoke to Hermione, frowning.

"How did he get hurt? We should've landed smoothly." I said as I dug one of the poles into the ground. While it would be done quicker by magic, there was something satisfying about doing it by hand. "I mean, why are here anyway? I thought the plan was to go back to Grimmauld."

Hermione took a deep breath, looking up at me from where she kneeled by Ron. Her eyes were tinged with red and puffy-looking.

"I don't think we'll be able to go back there, Harry."

Siri shoved one of the poles into the ground with excessive force. I paused, surprised. "What? Why no-"

"As we disapparated, Yaxley grabbed my arm. I- I couldn't shake him off. He was too strong, and when we got to Grimmauld- I think he thought we were going to stop there, so his grip slackened and I managed to shake him off and brought us here instead!"

"But then he's- Hang on, you don't mean he's inside Grimmauld Place? He can't get in there!"

"I think he can, Harry." She said, ducking her head. "I forced him to let go with a revulsion jinx, but I'd already taken him inside the Fidelius Charm's protection. Since Dumbledore died, we're secret keepers, and I've given him the secret, haven't I?"

"Don't worry too much about it, 'Mione." Siri said, stopping her work to come stand beside me. Her words were meant to be encouraging, I think, but they came off deadpan anyway, and I could see her cheeks were flushed.

"Still though- I'm so sorry, you two. I know how much Grimmauld means to you, I should have been more careful-"

I interrupted her there. "Don't be silly, Hermione. It wasn't your fault. If anything, it was mine." I admitted, reaching into my pocket and pulling out Mad Eye's magic eye. Hermione squeaked, looking disturbed, and even Siri leaned away from me slightly, looking a little sickly.

"Umbridge had it stuck to her office door, to spy on people." I explained. "I couldn't leave it there...but I think that's how they found out there were intruders."

Hermione bit her lip, looking rather depressed, but before she could answer a groan came from beside her. We all turned to see Ron stirring, attempting to sit up till Hermione quickly pressed him back down, urging him to stay still. He groaned again and opened his eyes, blinking a bit wearily. His face was a sickly grey, turning green from his attempt to sit up.

"How do you feel?" Hermione asked quietly.

"Bloody awful." Mumbled Ron, wincing as he tried to move his injured arm with no real success. "Where are we?"

"In the woods, where they held the Quidditch world cup." Hermione answered. "I wanted somewhere enclosed, undercover, and this was-"

"The first place you thought of." I finished, looking around the empty glade. Now that I knew, I couldn't help but remember the last time we had apparated to the first place Hermione thought of, how Death Eaters had found us within minutes. Had it been Legilimency? Did Voldemort or his Death Eaters know, even now, where Hermione had taken us? Siri seemed to be struck by the same thought, and out of the corner of my eye I saw her turning, looking into the darker shadows of the trees.

"Do you think we should move on?" Ron asked, his tone anxious. Looks as though Siri and I weren't the only hesitant ones. I frowned though, watching as he tried to sit up again. Ron looked pale and clammy still, and the idea of trying to move him was not a good one.