one-shot #9

Prompt: The reader finds a wild Pegasus in the forest and tries to convince Hermione to ride it with her.

I was walking across the bridge to get to Hagrid's Hut. I haven't seen him in a bit so I decided to visit him. There were people standing on the bridge talking amongst themselves. The air was cold and bitter, it was the middle of winter. I wrapped my red and gold scarf farther around my neck and breathed out. I saw a cloud of my breath appear in front of me and I smiled.

I was walking down the path to Hagrid's when I heard a rustle coming from the Forbidden Forest. I shook my head, 'It's probably nothing.' I continued to walk down the path and I reached the door. I knocked.

Hagrid opened the door and smiled at me, "Ah! [Y/n]! Come on in why don't you."

I gave him a big smiled, "Good to see you Hagrid." I gave him a big hug and he wrapped his ginormous arms around me. 

"Good to see you too." We walked over to the couches and sat down. We talked for a few hours.

"I should probably head back, it's getting late and I wouldn't want to worry Mione." I stood up.

"Be careful on the way back, there have been people hearing things in the forest lately, but we aren't too sure what it is." He raised his brow at me.

I nodded, "Thank you, Hagrid. I'll be safe." I walked towards the door and waved as I exited. I was walking back up the path when I heard the noise again. My curiosity got the best of me and I decided to go look for whatever was causing this disturbance. 

After a few minutes of walking into the forest, I arrived at a clearing. In the middle of the clearing I saw a beautiful, white creature standing there. It looked like a horse, but it had large wings. It also had hair that sparkled in the moonlight. 'A Pegasus?' I slowly walked over to it.

It saw me and backed up a bit. I came to a stop, "Don't worry buddy, I'm not gonna hurt you." I held my hands up in surrender. The Pegasus slowly made its way over to me and bowed its head at me. I gently placed a hand on its head and it neighed at me. I smiled.

I hopped onto the back of the Pegasus and it started running. A few seconds later we were flying in the air. "Woo!" I screamed as loud as I could. This was amazing, it was like nothing I've ever experienced before.

A few minutes later we landed back in the clearing. I hopped off of its back and patted its head again. "I'll see you tomorrow buddy, I'll be bringing a guest but don't be scared, she's wonderful." I then headed back to the Gryffindor dormitory.

The next day I woke up and went throughout my day normally. Once it was the time after dinner I walked up to Hermione, my girlfriend. "Hey darling, I have a surprise for you." I wrapped my arms around her. 

"Oh really now?" She smirked at me.

I nodded and grabbed her hand. "Yes. Come along now." I started walking, dragging her with me.

We made our way down to the path to Hagrid's and I suddenly turned into the Forbidden Forest. "Oi, [Y/n], where are we going?" Hermione raised a brow at me.

I turned around and shushed her. "Shh, you have to be quiet." Her eyes widened and she nodded.

We reached the clearing and nothing was there. I whistled and a few seconds later the Pegasus appeared from behind the trees.

Hermione's eyes sparkled with curiosity and awe, "Woah! [Y/n]! What on earth- How did you know about this?" She smiled and me and eagerly waited for me to answer. 

I giggled at her smile, "When I was going to Hagrid's yesterday, I heard a noise coming from this way and decided to investigate. Then I found this guy." I walked over to the Pegasus and placed my hand on its head. It nuzzled into my hand and let out a soft neigh. 

Hermione stared at us in awe. I grabbed her hand and pulled her over. "Buddy, this is my girlfriend, Mione." I smiled and placed her hand on its head. Hermione smiled and I pulled her over towards me. 

I patted its back and looked at Hermione. "Oh no, I am not doing that." I gave her my cutest puppy-dog eyes.

"Please Mione?" I pleaded her. She rolled her eyes.

"Merlin, how could I resist you." I smiled and helped her get onto Buddy's back. I hopped up in front of her.

"Hold on tight darling." I whispered something in Buddy's ear and it took off. Hermione's grip tightened greatly around my torso and her front was pressed up against my back. Buddy flew over the castle, quidditch pitch, around the owlery, and even over Hogsmeade. After a good thirty minutes to an hour of flying, we finally landed back in the clearing. 

I hopped down first then helped Mione. "So, how'd you like it?" I gave a small smile.

She wrapped her arms around me super tight. "I loved it, thank you." She planted kisses on my cheek and neck. "Thankyouthankyouthankyou." I giggled and wrapped my arms around her waist. 

"I'm glad you loved it."

A/n: wow, finally about time i post something other than author's notes! sorry for the delay with this part, i just have been under a lot of stress lately and i havent really had any great ideas for prompts. if anyone has anything theyd like to see, leave a comment and im sure i can write something about it:)