one option

It turns out that pink hair is not the only eccentric thing about Kim Seokjin. The penthouse is immaculately decorated, all floor to ceiling windows and silver accents with pristine marble flooring and sleek white furniture. For being so elegant, it is somehow also very homey. There are houseplants here and there that add splashes of green to the monochrome. A fire crackles in the hearth, and there are fluffy white blankets and throw pillows on the plush gray couch. A fat black cat drowses peacefully on the mantle. It's awkwardly hot in the house, a bit like a sauna but without the humidity.

"You were right about the decor." Yura says softly to fill the awkward silence that has ensued. Seokjin chuckles a little bit. Taehyung doesn't know how someone can be both humble and smug simultaneously, but Seokjin embodies the oxymoronic pairing perfectly.

"I know. Looks like I'm not the only one with impeccable taste." Seokjin says, but pauses with a dramatic flair. "Or maybe I just watch too much HGTV. Either way, make yourselves at home. I'll make us something to sip on, and then we'll begin." He gestures broadly to his living room, and dismisses himself to the kitchen. Taehyung finds himself gravitating towards the fireplace. He kneels down beside it, gloved hands outstretched towards it to seek warmth.

"You okay?" Yura asks, unsure of whether to sit on the couch or tend to Taehyung. She'd much rather do the latter, but the last thing they need is her having another overheating episode.

"Mhm." Taehyung hums. "Just a little chilly." He reassures her. Yura knows that that's the understatement of the year, but, nevertheless, she doesn't press further. She knows Taehyung would rather her not worry, but she can't help it. All she can do is pretend she doesn't see through the facade he puts on. She picks up one of Seokjin's blankets and walks over to the fireplace. Taehyung's broad shoulders melt into her hands as she drapes the blanket over them. He leans back, his head resting on her hip as he looks up at her. "Thanks." He says softly, a smile playing on his almost blue lips. "You didn't have to do that."

"I'd do anything for you." The painfully cheesy words slip out of her mouth before she can properly process them, her fingers gently brushing his dark locks off of his forehead. His smile only grows.

"I'm rubbing off on you, because that was rom-com worthy." He informs her, and she shuts him up by leaning down and pressing a kiss to his forehead, skin cold to the touch of her lips.

"Whoawhoawhoa, no. Stop that. The more you touch now, the more you'll regret it later."

Yura springs back from Taehyung when she hears Seokjin's scolding as he returns with a platter of drinks. Though his tone is sharp, his face doesn't match the energy. There's an oddly understanding look in his eyes, although he clearly means business. Something about his softening features and hardening tone of voice doesn't add up, but he continues before Taehyung can think too much about it.

"Good grief, no wonder your polar reactions are so intense. I'm gone for two minutes and you can't keep your hands to yourselves." He mutters, shaking his head. Yura blushes a bit and leaves Taehyung, opting for the couch. Seokjin walks over to the fire and places a cup of warm tea with lemon on the marble floor next to him. "Anyways, Jung Hoseok debriefed me on your situation over the phone. As much as I'd like to spare you from giving me an explanation, I'm afraid Mr. Jung's information wasn't nearly specific enough." He says, and hands Yura a glass of ice water with lemon. He clearly has been debriefed, as he gave them each a drink to soothe their respective problem. The two soulmates watch as the pink haired man takes a seat in an armchair, what looks like water but smells like vodka in his glass. "You'll have to start from the beginning."

"Oh, all right." Taehyung speaks up, taking the gilded silver handle of the teacup in one hand and holding the cup part in the other, using it to warm his palms. "Well, we met at the—"