14 - L I E S

Evangeline Carter

I couldn't stop thinking about Draco. He has officially taken over my life. My heart fluttered with the pure thought of him, what was he doing to me?

As I'm walking down the hall I bump into Harry Potter. "Oh, I'm sorry Eva!" He said with a concerned look on his face.

"It's fine," I say, he's with Hermione and Ron who aren't even looking at me and are being awfully quiet. There was a long moment of silence, they continued looking around.

"Is there a problem?" I questioned.

"When were you going to tell us you're hooking up with Malfoy!?" Hermione yelled with an attitude.

"Hermione!!" Harry complained.

"Keep your voice down! Someone can hear you. Harry, you told them?" I ask while looking around hoping no one heard.

"Of course, he told us, he tells us everything!" Hermione spat. "Look, Eva, Malfoy is a terrible person. He's bullied us since year one. He's not good for you, he's going to break your heart I'm sure of it and I'm never wrong."

"I'm sorry Hermione but you're wrong. He's different when he's with me, he just never shows it."

"Harry suspects he's a death eater. It makes sense, like father-like son. He's been randomly disappearing during class. We think he's up to something."

Is Malfoy a death eater? No, it's impossible. He'd never do that, would he? At this point, I have no idea what he's capable of. He never did answer my question about Katie Bell. However, I think Malfoy being a death eater is too extreme, he'd never.

"He's not a death eater, you're wrong."

Hermione looked over at Harry and Ron with a disappointed face. "Very well then, what does Charlotte think about all this?"

I remained quiet.

"You haven't told her, have you!"

"I'm going to tell her eventually, just not right now."

"You know Eva, I thought you were a nice girl. Clearly, I was wrong, you're just like Malfoy." Hermione says and continues walking across the hall.

I look over at Harry, "I'm sorry Eva but Hermione's right." He follows her leaving Ron left. Just as he was about to say something Hermione turned around, "Come on Ronald!" He quickly obeys, leaving me alone in the halls.

How dare Hermione say that, I'm not like Malfoy at all, am I? Maybe she's right, I think it's time to tell Char about Draco, she'll understand. He makes me happy, and that's what Char wants, for me to be happy. Even if it's with bloody Malfoy.

I walked into class just in time, I saw Draco already sitting there. I awkwardly walk in remembering what happened last time we were in a classroom.

It was silent. None of us were saying a word to each other. I decided to break the silence and cleared my throat. "I was thinking, and I think I should tell Char about us."

He looked over at me with a confused look on his face. "Us? What are you talking about?"

"You know, us. Our relationship." Is it safe to assume we're in a relationship? I mean, what else would you call it? After all, he did take my virginity and he took me to the museum. Things were starting to change between us.

"You're crazy, we're not in a fucking relationship," he spat.

Is he being serious? "But Draco, you took my virginity."

"You and about half the girls here in Hogwarts. And it's fucking Malfoy to you." He looked away, staring at the floor.

Why the sudden change? He was starting to be good to me, why is he so bloody bipolar?