85 - The Tale of the Three Brothers

Since reuniting the Golden Trio Hermione made it her quest to take you all to  XenophiliusLovegood. She believed he may know about the next Horcrux, she presented you all with a letter Dumbledore wrote to Grindelwald. She showed you the signature and alongside it was a mark, Dumbledore replaced the "A" in Albus with a triangular eye. The same mark Xenophilius had been wearing the night of Bill and Fleur's wedding. Which led you to the present day, the five of you were now knocking on his door, awaiting his presence. If this went well you could all be closer to killing Voldemort, that meant going back to a normal life. 

The door swung open and there in a bright jumper stood Xenophilius Lovegood. He looked as if was yet to sleep, his hair looked matted yet it still had a silky glow to it. Looking between the five of you he began to throw questions your way. 

"What is it?" He looked ar Ron then turned his head and looked at Hermione. "Who are you? What do you want?" As he spoke his last sentence he met eyes with Harry, he stopped his words falling from his mouth as he stared at Harry with a looked of wonder yet worry. 

"Hello, Mr Lovegood. I'm HarryPotter. We met a few months back?" Harry tried his best to stay positive with his words. "Would it be okay if we came in? It won't take long, sir. I promise."

Xenophilius let you all in, rather reluctantly you might add. He seemed skittish and on edge at everything little sound of movement. His house was littered with his own work, pilled up alongside the furniture. Just by looking at the house, you realised where Luna got her creativity from. 

"So. What brings you here, Mr Potter?" Xenophilius asked, finally sitting alongside you all. 

"Well, sir, we need some help," Harry replied. 

"Ah. Help. I see. Yes, well, the thing is, helping Harry Potter, rather dangerous these days..." 

The five of you all shared glances at one another, knowing this wasn't going to be easy. 

"Aren't you the one who keeps telling everyone it's their first duty to help Harry?" Ron spoke up. 

"I have expressed that view, yes. In the past. Would you excuse me one moment? I shall return shortly and, um, try to help you..." He got up and scurried away to the other room. 

"What's going on here?" Fred asked. 

"He's mental. Let's face it. Luna's always good value, but he's nutty as squirrel poo." Ron huffed, clearly annoyed. 

"Do you see that?" Hermione gasped as she stood up and made her way over to an enormous spiral horn which was mounted to the wall. 

"Well, yeah, of course. It's massive, isn't it?" Ron replied, getting up and going closer to it. 

"No! Don't go near it!" Hermione nearly yelled causing both Ron and Harry to stop in their tracks. "It's an Erumpent horn. It's a class B Tradeable Material." 

"Yeah, all right..." Ron brushed her off. 

Both, Harry, Ron, you and Fred gave each other a 'she's mental' look as Hermione admired the horn just before Xenophilius came back into the room holding a tray with six cups. 

"May I offer you all an infusion ofGurdyroots? We make it ourselves." He handed you all a cup which you all accepted. 

"Where is Luna, sir?" Hermione questioned. 

"Luna? Oh, um, she'll be along. Now how can I help you, Mr Potter?" 

You and Fred shared a glance knowing the truth but the look you shared told you both to keep quiet, the two of you guessed that's why he was acting so nervous and on edge.