Chapter 17

It became obvious to Jisu that Yeji was now ignoring her.

The silver haired girl was actively trying to stay away from Jisu.

Whenever they would somehow coincidentally bump into each other somewhere, whether it was the hallways of an academic building, or the library, or the campus coffee shop, Yeji would pass Jisu by, as if she didn't exist.

And if Jisu was to try and stop her, which she did numerous times, Yeji would excuse herself and say that she had somewhere to be, or that she was in a hurry, or that she was busy.

Simply put, Yeji made it seem like she no longer had time for Jisu.

But she knew this wasn't the case. 

Otherwise, there was no way Yeji would have left yet another lunch box in her locker on Tuesday, the day Jisu had no time to grab lunch.

She opened it, her stomach growling, desperate for any sort of nutrition. 

Inside the container was aglio olio pasta and honey-glazed chicken, the one she had seen in Yeji's kitchen the night the feline-eyed girl got terribly drunk, the night she had slept over at Yeji's.

Jisu wondered how long it took for the girl to make this, considering the mess in the kitchen she had cleaned up made it look like it would take ages. 

One thought led to another, and Jisu started to think whether or not Yeji had left the scraps to herself once more. She made it a point in her head to let Yeji know next time that she didn't want her to be having the leftovers, not that the taller girl would listen to her anyway.

She couldn't even get Yeji to look at her in the hallways, or anywhere as a matter of fact.

But it's alright, she thought.

It was fine that Yeji was ignoring her now, because the two were bonded by a lot more than just 1 thing, they were bonded by 3 others to be exact: Ryujin, Yuna, and Chaeryeong.

Sure Yeji could pretend she didn't exist, or come up with another random excuse to slip away from Jisu's grasps, but there was no way Yeji could suddenly escape from all of them, not again at least.

But when she met up with the others in the afternoon, expecting the captain of the basketball team to show up, Yeji would be absent, a no show.

Jisu was obviously annoyed, very much ticked off that Yeji didn't show up when she was expecting her to.

"Unnie, if you're pissed at something then let it out, don't sit there sulking," Chaeryeong teased.

Jisu rolled her eyes before putting down her cup of juice on the table.

"Do you guys know what the hell is going on with Yeji??"

"Why? What's with Yeji unnie?" Yuna intently looked at Jisu with her large adorable eyes.

"She's been ignoring me!" Jisu whined.

"Oh my, getting clingy are we," Ryujin smirked, which Jisu responded with a glare, causing Ryujin to almost choke on her drink.

"You know what annoys me the most?" Jisu continued, not bothering to try and get back at Ryujin for her annoying remarks, "She's ignoring me, but she still cooked me lunch."

"Why would you be upset at someone who knows you're busy on Tuesdays and chooses to prepare a homecooked meal, let me stress, homecooked, for you so that you don't forget to eat?" Chaeryeong asked, finding the logic in Jisu's statement to be puzzling to say the least.

"BECAUSE. If you're going to ignore someone, then ignore them fully! Don't be pretending like I don't exist when I see you in the hallways but then put a damn lunch box in my locker!" Jisu snapped back.