Chapter 45: No words needed

Vienna's POV

I stirred in my sleep before blinking my eyes open and stared up at the familiar ceiling which I was seeing after quite a while now.

Glancing around I realized that I was in Ryan's bedroom...the room that I didn't want to leave three months ago...the room that I had to leave reluctantly with tears in my eyes.

I sighed as I recalled how I finally told him everything and got some weight off my shoulders, if not all, because I'm still not sure if he has forgiven me or not.

I still don't know where we stand because we didn't get the chance to get to that topic at all...after I told him about my miscarriage, we both just sat holding eachother close and cried in silence.

I know we both needed that moment of silence together, where we could just let out all of the pain that we have been holding inside us...where we could grief together.

I sighed yet again.

Anyways, how did I even got into his bed? I wondered as I reached out to the other side of the bed which was cold, which obviously meant that Ryan wasn't here since a while.

I must have cried myself to sleep I guess, I thought before glancing up towards the door as I heard the sound of the doorknob.

"You are awake" Ryan stated walking towards me as I gave him a small smile unknowingly.

"Yes" I murmured a reply as I sat up resting my back against the headboard and he sat in front of me.

"I fell asleep" I asked or rather should I say stated awkwardly.

"More like you cried yourself to sleep" He replied taking my hand in his and caressing the back of my hand with his thumb gently.

"Ryan I..." I trailed off, not sure if I should be saying this or not.

What if he doesn't wants me now?

What if he doesn't wants this relationship now?

"What is it" He asked raising an eyebrow.

And as I was about to tell him what's going on in my head his phone rang interrupting me.

"Go ahead" I said as he frowned down at the unknown number flashing on his phone's screen before receiving it.

"Yeah..." He said after a few seconds of listening to the person on the other end.

"No, she's fine" He said further.

"Um I don't think it's my place to tell you what happened, so I won't. Right now all I can say is that she's safe and okay" He added as I frowned sensing the hesitation in his voice.

"Yeah I'll make sure she calls you" He said.

Is he talking about me?

"Yeah I will" He said as his eyes soften glancing at me.

I guess he is.

"Who was it" I asked as I couldn't hold back my curiosity as he hung up.

"Nancy" He replied shortly.

"She's worried about you" He said.

"And if it wasn't for her than probably I would have never found out that you were not in Canada" He added.

"Yeah I figured that much" I replied with a small nod.

"You should talk to her" He said as I nodded yet again.

"I know" I replied.

"She has a lot of catching up to do and I have a lot to explain" I added almost to myself.