Prologue

A dark alley in the middle of the night. A woman in a saree follows a man. She says,"Oh Sahib! Kidher leke jaa raha hai? Uff! How much have you made me walk! You have to pay me extra. Don't worry, khush kar degi tere ko mein." The man does not reply and keeps walking. As they reach a dark corner, the man turns. The woman says,"Haye idharich? No. I am going then. And I am not returning any money. You made me walk so much." Saying that, she turns to leave. The man says,"Ruk.. Not here. Inside that door." The woman turns to see an open door at the corner. She smiles and goes inside and the man follows him.

ACP Sidharth Srivastava is reading the newspaper at the breakfast table. Ritaji comes with a tea and puts it on the table. She  stares at her son who is engrossed in the paper. She again goes inside the kitchen and after a minute comes out with a plate of hot parathas. She this time puts the plate on the table with force causing a loud thump. Sidharth still does not look at her and continues reading. His mother sits down on the chair and says,"I am going to Pune to my sister's house. I will stay there." "Okay. I will get the tickets. When do you want to go?", asks Sidharth without even lifting his head. His mother grunts,"Sidu tu toh chahata hai ki main chali jaun. Thik hai. I 'll go today and you don't have to get tickets. I'll tell Jay." Sidharth puts down the paper and with a smile says,"Baat kya hai? Tell me. I have been observing that you want to say something. You don't need put plates on the table with force or give threats to go Pune. Just tell me." Ritaji smiles and says,"When are you getting married? Engagement is over, it has been over two months now. I can't stay alone like this. Bring my daughter-in-law home." "Maa your daughter-in-law is an actress. She won't have time to spend in this house.", he replies suppressing his laugh. Ritaji says,"You don't have to worry about that. We have already talked about it. Sana's mother had called yesterday. She wants to fix a date for wedding. Bol kab ka bolun." 

Before he could say anything his phone starts ringing. It's from the Commissioner's office. After a few minutes of talking over phone, he gets up from the chair. He says,"Maa I have to go. Commissioner has called me to his office now." Ritaji says,"But breakfast?" He kisses her head and says,"I will have something at the office. He will leave for New Delhi so he wants to meet me in half an hour." Ritaji says loudly,"Shaadi ki date??" He stops in front of the door to his room and with a smile replies,"Jo bhi aap ko thik lage. Just ask Sana."

"Sit Sidharth.", says the Commissioner. Sidharth sits down on the chair in front of him. The Commissioner says,"You must have heard about the series of murders of women from the red light area." Sidharth nods his head and says,"Yes sir. Last night another dead body was found." "This has been the 8th death. Press has been making this their headlines now. Election is coming and I am getting pressure from the top.", he says. He says,"As a part of the Special Crimes Division, I need you to take the charge of this case."

After the meeting is over, he finds 16 missed calls from Sana. A smile appears on Sidharth's face thinking that she is missing him. He gives her a call and before he could say anything, Sana asks,"Who is Reshma?" Sidharth, unable to understand, asks,"Who? What are you asking?" Sana says,"I saw something this morning. A woman crying for help and asking for you. She.. was telling me.. Tell ACP to help others. She told her name was Reshma. Do you know somebody by this name?" Sidharth replies with a calm voice,"Yes. A woman was found dead last night. The.. case is.. now given to me to handle.."

Hi all,
So this is the prologue. How is it? Let me know in comments. Give votes to the chapter by clicking the star below..
The suspense begins here...