1

Have you ever wanted to disappear? Would people search for you or would they give up? My twin would go to the end of the earth to find me. He would not give up until he found me. I don't know about my other family considering I never met our father. Our mother tells us that he's dead and he never wanted us. I don't believe it for a second.

"Addison? Are you listening to me?" The chief of police asked. I looked from my phone and raised an eyebrow. Adrian had a slight smirk on his face.

"If you want me to. Then yeah, sure I am." I say coldly. He runs his hands down his face. I take a closer look and see he has eye bags underneath his eyes. "Have you been sleeping, Toby? You look worn out. Do you need to leave?"

"I'm fine, Addison. Just not been the best."

"Is it because of your wife? Cheating on you or losing the baby?" Adrian says with sadness lacing his tone. I look at him and smirk.

"Yeah, I am so sorry about your baby not being born. Or was it your brother's baby?" I ask curious. Toby looked at us with anger in his eyes.

"Or was it your best friend's?" Adrian spoke up.

"Or was it-" He cuts me off.

"Stop. I get it. Can-"

"Or are you not sleeping because your wife is divorcing you?" Adrian says. Toby's eyes widened.

"What? No. Why-"

"Because you've been cheating on her, too, Toby." I say. "You would think you would hide your tracks better but your wife's best friend?"

"Wasn't she married, Addison?" Adrian asked me. I look at him.

"Yeah. Who was he again?" I ask confused.

"Okay, I get it. Can we stop talking about this?" We look at him.

"If you want." We say in unison.

"Remind me not to get on your bad sides." Toby muttered. We glared at him.

"What do you want, Toby? I'm paying attention now so get on with it. Is this about Elijah? Or Richard? God knows he can't take a fucking hint." I say coldly. Adrian looked at me.

"He's still calling you? I thought you told him to fuck off."

"I did. He called early this morning. Says something about how he wants to talk to us about a business thing or something like that." I explain.

"Is he retiring?"

"Didn't say. He said when we agree to meet up, he'll tell us all about it or whatever." I say. He nods and sighs.

"We'll finish talking about this later, Addison. Toby's giving us a death glare." I look back at Toby and glare at him.

"Are you guys finished talking? I would like to get-"

"Can you not be so moody today, Toby? I mean, sure, your wife is divorcing you and shit but no need to take it out on us." I say coldly.

"Your mother was found dead this morning. When was the last time you saw her?" He asked with sympathy. I look at Adrian.

"2 days ago. Her and her boyfriend was at the apartment." He says lying through his teeth.

"You know, we haven't seen her boyfriend since she was found dead. Do you know where he is?" He asked curiously. I look at Toby.

"Why do you need to know where he is? You think he killed her?" I ask. He looks at me with wide eyes.

"What? No. I just think it was suspicious that he didn't come out of his hiding place. Obviously nobody knows she's dead." I smile.

"Like you just said, nobody knows she's dead. They will once word hits the street. Elijah will fucking call any minute now." Adrian looks at me.

"Why? Aren't y'all in a rough patch?" I look at him as if he was crazy.

"Why the hell did that just come out of your mouth? You act like I'm dating him. When the fuck have I ever dated someone?" I ask coldly. He thinks about it for a minute.

"Uh, never. Right?" He says. I roll my eyes.

"I'm deeply offended, Adrian. I thought you knew me." I proceeded to pout and his eyes widened.

"Who the hell did you date?" He asks, his anger building by the minute.

"She's pulling your chain, Adrian." Toby says. He looks at me and narrows his eyes. I smirk.

"I will fight you." He seethes out. I raise an eyebrow.

"Whatever you say, big bro. So, Toby, where will be going? An orphanage? Please for the love of god, don't make us go with April. She's like a bitch from hell." Toby looks at me.

"You're from hell." Adrian whispers. I turn my head and look at him. A small smirk is on his face.

"You know, Toby, I know who did that spray paint on the wind or your car." Adrian looks at me as if I was the crazy one.

"Who?" Toby asks curiously. I look at my twin. My eyes soften and I sigh.

"April." I say after a while of silence.

"Your aunt, April?" I nod. "Oh. Okay."

"You didn't answer our question, Toby. Where are we going?" Adrian asked. He looked at the both of us.

"Your father." Me and Adrian went tense. "Are you okay? You like got really tense."

"We're fine. Just surprised, that's all." I say.

"Why?" Toby asked. Me and Adrian glared at him. "Never mind. Well, I will let you get reunited with them. I'll be out in the hallway." With that, he leaves.

I look at Adrian and he looks at me. Before we even say anything, someone clears their throat. We look over at the corner of the room where 6 faces that kinda look like us stand there. We look at each face.

"This is gonna be so much fun." Adrian whispers. I smack him in his arm. He looks at me and I raise an eyebrow. "Sorry."

"Do you remember us?" Someone asks.

"Uh, no. Mom told us that our father was dead. And we didn't know that we had siblings." We say in unison. Their eyes widen a bit but they hide it.

"Well, I'm Dante Moretti. Your father."

"I'm Darius, the oldest."

"I'm Marcus."

"I'm Leo."

"I'm Chase."

"I'm Chris. I'm also Chase's twin and the youngest." We nod. They look at us and we both groan. We always hated introducing ourselves.

"I'm Adrian Lucas Moretti."

"I'm Addison Rose Moretti."

"Well, are you guys ready?" We both nod.