Healing

It has been two days since Jungkook's been living with the family of two. His wounds are healing and he stays home with Y/n while Mr. Min, every morning leaves for the hunt of the day.

Mr. Min had firmly told him to stay on the sofa til he heals properly and in this way, he would also not leave Y/n alone in the hut. After the northern soldiers found the dead body of that older soldier who beaten Jungkook to the pulp, they have guarded themselves up ten times and now are ruthless with their hunts. Mr. Min was anxious and did not have the heart to leave his daughter alone in the hut.

Jungkook assured him that he will protect the hut and his daughter while he was away in hunt for food.

Jungkook keeps to himself while he is home. The older man always comes back till afternoon, cut out some wood to keep the hut warm, and then sits with Jungkook half the night, figuring an escape plan.

Y/n herself does not have much interactions with the young man, or maybe not one at all. She is a quiet person. Only prefers to keep to herself and stay at peace. She also seems to keep herself busy, never a free moment with her. She cooks for them, sometimes stays inside the quite privacy of her room, when out, she is either reading a book, he noticed she likes reading a lot or sews hers or some of her father's shirts that are ripped.

Jungkook knows that the female is still really hesitant about him. She stays inside her room until her father comes back home in the afternoon and he can not blame her for it.

No woman would trust a man she has met two days ago in this situation. So he keeps distance and never interact with her.

The only silent interaction they have is the daily dress of his wounds that Y/n does. Even then, words are not spoken.

He holds his breath when she is ten inches away from him and he is glad that she only tends to his wound when Mr. Min is present in the hut.

Just like now, he is looking down at the map her father has managed to roughly sketch on a bark paper but his mind is half distracted by the tiny little fingers that wrap the bandaid on his wrist where the thorn cuffs have stabbed him many times.

Y/n picks up the healing balm and moves away from his side when she is done. Jungkook turns his head to his right and watch as she stands up to walk away.

"Thank you.." He mumbles, the first sentence ever spoken as he directs his eyes down to the ground, not in mean to make eye contact.

He feels the female instantly tenses up in her place before she nods her head and backs away to hide inside her room.

He turns back to face the front again where Mr. Min is busy reading the paths of the map, too immersed to notice his surroundings.

Jungkook wets his lips. "Mr. Min."

At the call of his name, the elder looks up to meet eyes with the young man.

"From tomorrow, I will leave for the hunt." Jungkook states.

The elder blink at the sudden announcement. Jungkook sighs. "I have healed enough. You do not have to go for hunt when I am here. I feel like a burden sitting around while you are out. Besides, I want to see the surrounding myself. This way, I will know how this forest works."

The elder thinks to himself for some seconds before nodding. "Alright. But my son, please be careful and do come back in one piece."

Jungkook smiles lightly before humming. "I surely will."

And just like that, the night falls as they discuss their plans further. The next morning, after breaking their fast with the finger-licking meal Y/n had managed to prepare even with few little ingredients, Mr. Min leads Jungkook outside.

Y/n walk over to the window and watch curiously as her father hands Jungkook a small knife and a bow with some pair of arrows. She frowns as the young man walks away after her father pats his back.

She watches as his buff rippling figure stalks and disappears inside the heavy forest. The door of the hut creeks open and the female turns to face her father who walks in.

"He left.." She whispers to him.

Her father shakes his head and shuts and locks the door to maintain protection. "He left for the hunt today. Said I should rest. He is not fond of being a burden."

"His wounds are not healed yet." Y/n walks up to her father.

"He has healed enough to run. He insisted to go out and explore. I think it is the best choice. He is a youthful man and needs to study the forest so we can help each other get to the other side." He smiles down at his daughter. "Or maybe I will manage to get you both to the other side. That will also feel like my freedom." He mumbles, hand coming up to stroke her round apple cheek.

Y/n's expressions turn small at that. "Baba.. do not say that now."

The elder chuckles. "Oh my dear, how many times have I told you to not hold something tight that you know will leave your side one day."

The female's pout deepens. "You are not going to leave my side."

The man sigh. "I know you are my strong girl. Just know that what comes before us in the future, you will leave behind the darkness and run forward to your future. Do you understand?"

Y/n trail her eyes over the aging features on her father's face before slowly nodding. "I understand.."

"Good girl. Now, let us have some tea. I have a day off from work today." He jokes, referring to his daily hunt and Y/n giggle, wrapping her arms around her father's waist to squeeze him before letting go and walking away to grant his request.

---------------------

Calm before the storm as they say. Prepare yourself guys, there is alot coming. The adventure, the angst, the obsession and feelings. Sooo much to come. The other boys will show up soon too.

And for those who don't know, this Jungkook is the ON jungkook, so imagine him a bit vintage and retro. Also, I changed the cover. How do you guys like it? 🙃

Leave lots of love and support In your way

💜