After Effects

Karas POV
I wake up with a pounding headache causing me to groan. I really shouldn't have had so much to drink. And now I get to go to work. I think back to last night and find several things fuzzy. I remover Alex not licking Lena, purely because she wanted to call everyone a car. I think I might've kissed someone? I can't tell it's to hazy. Whoever took home they would know... hopefully. About after 20 minutes I finally drag myself out of bed and start getting ready. I force myself through the door and head over to CatCo. I'm thirty minutes late... of course. I timidly walk into Lenas office, coffee in hand.
     "Here's your coffee, she says hoping you haven't already had a cup." I awkwardly hold out the cup.
     "You probably need it more than I do." Lena smiles holding up different cup.
      "I'm sorry I'm late... and that you had to get your own coffee."
      "I was actually expecting you to be an hour late due to how much you drank last night. Speaking of how's your hangover?"
      "Not great but I'll manage."
      "And how much do you remember?" Lena asks this question slower... perhaps less confident.
      "Um I remover Alex refusing a ride, then it gets fuzzy from there. I think I might've kissed whoever took me home." I giggle slightly.
     "You did." Lena said calmly.
     "How do you- oh my god." I mumble as realization hit, "I am so, so, so sorry Ms Luthor."
     "You see I have a rule, if I kiss someone they can call me Lena."
     "Then I am so, so, so sorry Lena."
     "Kara relax." Lena goggled ligjt heartedly, "It's fine. It's not like it meant anything... right?"
     "I um... well, maybe?" I start scanning the room to look anywhere but her.
     "Noted." Lena smirks sipping her coffee, "Now last I checked you have an article to write."
     "Yeah... I'll talk to you later..."
     "Of course darling, we'll talk at lunch."
     I blush, nod my head, and duck out of her office. Once I was safely seated at my desk I glance over at Lena to find her smirking as she writes something on a paper. She looks up and makes eye contact with me. Her smirk somehow grows as I blush more.
     "Kara, you okay?" Nia asks furrowing her brows, "You seem a little red."
      Forcing my eyes away from Lena I smile at Nia, "Y-Yeah I'm completely fine... just a little warm is all."
     "Or you're blushing because of Lena. What's going on between you two anyway?"
     "We're just friends?" I say more as a question.
     "You have no idea, do you.
     "Of course I don't. I'm oblivious half the time!"
     "I'm sure you'll figure it out." Nia smiles at me before she gets back to her own work.
     I take a deep breath before diving into my work for the day. Once I got into the work of the day time seemed to fly by. I was only pulled out of my work when Lena called me to her office. I walk in seeing a container of potsticker sitting on the coffee table placed in her office next to a kale salad. I furrow my eyebrows looking at my watch seeing it was about an hour after when I would usually have lunch.
     "Wow I am really sucking at being an assistant today, aren't I?" I sigh giving Lena an apologetic smile.
     "Technically it's not in your job description. I'm planning on doing a few interviews tomorrow." Lena soothes my worries sitting on the couch, "Now come eat lunch with me."
     I giggle and sit next to her opening my container. I pop a potsticker in my mouth and scrunch my face up.
     "Why do these taste funny?" I wonder allowed, lifting one for me to examine.
     "Did I forgot to mention they're kale potstickers?" Lena smiles innocently, "I had to do something to get you back for being late."
     "How dare you ruin potstickers!"
     "Relax!" Lena giggles showing me another container, "These ones are plane, I plan on eating the kale ones for dinner."
      "Oh thank god." I sigh in relief taking the container.
     "I could've just let you eat all of the ones with kale then giving you those. That was a chance wasted."
     "You're evil." I grumble through a mouthful of food.
     "I'm well aware dear."
     I blush for what seems like the millionth time that day, hiding behind my hair as Lena casually eats her salad. We sit in silence for a few minutes. Nias question coming back in mind. I am curious about what we are...
"Hey Lena?" I ask timidly braking the silence.
"Hm?" Lena hums giving me her attention.
"What exactly are we..." I say slowly, "I mean I'm only asking because of the kiss and pet names."
Lena presses her lips together in thought, "I'm not a big fan of relationships..." She starts slowly, "But I would be open to friends with benefits, only if you're comfortable of course!"
I push up my glasses, not expecting her answer. I've never seen myself in that sort of relationship... but I'm not sure.
"Would we have like... rules?" I ask awkwardly.
"Is that you saying yes?" Lena raises an eyebrow in surprise.
"It's a maybe. I want more details before I decide."
"Well normally there are rules people would set in place. I would say no feelings for one, no jealousy if one of us gets a date since we aren't technically dating, we never sleep over at the others house after doing the deed, and no awkwardness if we call of the whole thing and we go back to being just friends."
"I'll try it, but I won't hesitate to call it off."
"And I'll respect your decision." Lena says with a small smile, "Now finish eating, it's gonna get cold."
I laugh quickly finish my food excusing myself to continue working on my article. Once again time got away from me until I heard a taping on my desk. Looking up a see Lena standing above me, bag in shoulder ready to leave.
"Everyone lees has left, I figured I should pull you out of your trance so you don't work all night."
"Thank you for that. I probably would've if you hadn't."
"No problem." Lena smiles warmly, "I'll see you tomorrow."
"See ya." I smile back as I watch Lena walk away.
Once the elevator doors close taking her down to the main floor I start moving to clean up. I save my article on a flash drive putting it in my pocket as I shut down the computer. I organize my desk a bit before grabbing my purse and heading out of CatCo. I arrived to an empty apartment as usual as I heat up some takeout leftovers considering I can't cook. It was like any normal day... sorta.