Beidou - Missed You

A strong smell of salt greeted you as you stepped outside. Your shop was closed for the day so you decided to watch as the large boats came and went. You could hear seagulls in the distance as you took your seat on a bench that had the best view (in your opinion at least) and watched as a nearby ship set sail, wondering where it was headed. You had never travelled very far except to maybe buy new goods and as silly as it was, you wished you could board one of those boats and sail the seas yourself. You'd ridden a ferry once or twice but to go on adventure, to have a purposeful journey, is something else entirely. You were snapped out of your thoughts by a shadow appearing over you and a man speaking. "Are you y/n?" To say you were startled would be an understatement, you nearly fell off the bench.

"Sorry, didn't mean to scare ya. Captain asked me to pick up supplies from the pier and I was gonna ask if your shop's open." You were starring with wide eyes when what he'd said clicked in your mind.

"Oh! I did close but if you need something I can just open it again. Come in!" You said a little too excitedly. Sailors came by frequently and always had the best stories to share. You took your place behind the register and quickly added in "Of course, this won't come without an extra expense. I want to hear about your ship and it's travels!" He seemed a bit surprised but soon began recounting tales of treasure hunting and monster fighting.

"There must never be a dull day!" You exclaimed.

"That's Captain Beidou for ya, she has great connections and with so much time spent in the bar, you'd have to come back with a new quest or two." That was exciting. The captain was the adventurous one who learned of all the danger but still continued to seek out the treasure that came with it. You wanted to hear these stories first hand, you wanted to meet the brave Captain Beidou!

"Ah sorry, this is a little too much for me to carry. Will you hold these items for me while I get someone to help?" You quickly saw your chance and decided to finally take it.

"I'll help you carry it. My shop's closed anyways although this will also come with a cost. I want to meet your captain!" Again, he looked shocked by your request and you added in "as long as it's okay, that is!" Waving your arms in a panic. He laughed heartily and shook his head.

"No need to be so worried, of course it's fine. I was just startled, not many land folk are so interested in our travels." He paid for his items and you two made your way to the ship. You puffed out your cheeks and furrowed your brow at the weight, this really was a lot but spending so much time away from renewable resources, it would make sense to bring so much. If the man noticed your face, he made no comment. As you came up to the docks and boarded the ship, you set down the supplies and took a look around. You looked up at the sails and crows' nest standing tall and looked out to the great sea. A smile quickly came to your face as a person stepped beside you.

"Heard you wanted to talk to me?" You quickly turned to the voice and saw a beautiful woman standing before you. She laughed at your shocked expression and asked: "what did ya need?" Your excitement soon came flooding back to you.

"Can I hear about your adventures?" A grin appeared on her face as she looked to the man who lead you here in a silent message. You guessed they must've had a lot of time to speak while you were spacing out. You were still staring at her with eager eyes when an overhead seagull landed on your head. Your face once again slipped into a stunned look as Captain Beidou laughed once more, waving the bird away.

"Why don't you come to my cabin, then we'll have all the time in the world with no distractions." She was grinning once again and there wasn't a single part of you that wanted to say 'no'.

~~~

Drying your hands, you set the dishes on a rack to dry but were startled by another pair of hands grabbing a plate from your hand and rinsing it once more.

"You must be half asleep still, you're usually so diligent with chores." A strong voice came from beside you. You knew it was Beidou and immediately blushed out of a mix of embarrassment as well the sudden compliment.

"Captain Beidou wha- you're back!" You smiled turning to her and wrapping her in a hug. She laughed at your eagerness and returned the embrace.

"Sure am! Sorry to surprise ya, I did knock but decided to just use my key so that I didn't attract too much attention." You giggled at the thought of the great Captain Beidou awkwardly standing outside your home knocking on your door repeatedly.

"Don't laugh! But seriously you need to pay more attention to your surroundings. What had you so deep in thought anyways? Can't have my partner in crime getting sidetracked too often." She finished with a wink.

"Just reminiscing is all. Do you remember when we first met?"

"Do you mean the time you listened to me ramble for three hours? Clear as day."

You felt your face heat up a little at your own childishness before shyly turning away from her.

"I really liked that. You even answered all of my questions. I got to learn a lot." Beidou looked at you for a moment and you swore you saw a hint of pink dust her cheeks as a grin appeared on her face.

"Well then, how about I brew some tea and I'll tell you every detail of my latest journey while catching up on some much needed relaxation."

=================================================================

Hello again! I hope you enjoyed this chapter :) I want to keep the reader gender neutral but they might end up more feminine presenting since I use she/her pronouns. Sorry there wasn't a lot of interaction with Beidou, I might write a second part to this if that's what you want. Again, please feel free to request any characters. I can write for things other than genshin too but lately that's all I've been thinking about. That and the new Zelda game. I've been having a lot of fun playing it and am on chapter six now. Are there any games you've been playing recently? Critiques are welcome <3