Real Life

Was listening to Imagine Dragons and this song popped up. So here you go :) Inspired by the song 'Real Life' from Imagine Dragons. Takes place in season 3 when the Inhumans get hunted.

She says that the world is a broken mess
And it's always on her mind
She cries at the news when the shots ring out
Every single time

And no, I cannot fix it, no, I cannot make it stop

''Everything is a mess out there! They are killing my people!'' Daisy was on the verge of tears as she looked at yet another news item about a murdered Inhuman, killed by a hategroup. She felt every death so personal, so deeply, because they were hunting her kind. 

You were there for her every time and of course you found it just as horrible as her, but you could never start to understand how deeply it affected her. You weren't an Inhuman herself so you didn't feel it so personal as her and that sucked. You didn't want her to feel she was alone in this and she was the only one responsible for protecting her kind. You cared just as much.

When the gunshots ring out through her phone, the incident filmed by a bystander, Daisy finally couldn't take it anymore and started crying. These last few weeks had been absolute hell for her and it was all becoming too much.

You felt so helpless. The only thing you could do is try and calm her down by letting her cry it out and holding her. 

From where you sat on the couch next to her, you gently grabbed her face and turned it towards you, pulling her gaze from the phone in her lap and towards you.

So I said, "Hey, turn your phone off, won't you look me in the eye
Can't we live that real life, real life?"
Oh, ''Hey, turn your phone off, won't you look me in the eye
Can't we live that real life, real life?"

''Hey, look at me. Turn that phone off. It doesn't make you feel better and it doesn't help with anything. Let's just focus on getting those sons of bitches, yeah?''

Her brown eyes look deep into your own. You're not sure if she even sees you clearly through her tears, but Daisy could hear the determination and honesty in your voice and knew you were right. She was glad she wasn't alone in this and had someone who was there for her.

She prays on her knees as the towers fall
To a god she does not know
She's begging him to stop the mess
As the Boston bombs will blow
She says, "How could I ever believe in something
That would step aside and watch?"
And I got no words to say 'cause I think I lost my faith
But I fake it for the day, oh, everything will be okay

But no, I cannot fix it, and I cannot make it stop

Daisy nodded, dropping her head in defeat and sadness. You took this as a sign to pull her in for a hug. She relaxed into your touch, resting her chin on your shoulder. In your ear, she muttered softly. ''Why do people let this happen? I don't understand.''

So I said, "Hey, turn your phone off, won't you look me in the eye
Can't we live that real life, real life?"
Oh, ''Hey, turn your phone off, won't you look me in the eye
Can't we live that real life, real life?"

I wish I had the answers

Something you could hold to

Only thing that's real to me is you

You rested you head against hers, softly rubbing her back. ''I wish I had the answers,'' you whispered in her ear. ''It will all be okay, I promise.'' You ignored the deep fear the recent protests and murders were causing in your chest and faked confidence. The last thing Daisy needed was for her rock to be just as panicked as her. She needed you and you would fake a smile until she believed it would be alright.

So I said, "Hey, turn your phone off, won't you look me in the eye
Can't we live that real life, real life?"
Oh, ''Hey, turn your phone off, won't you look me in the eye
Can't we live that real life, real life?"

Oh, hey (real life, hey)
Real life, real life
Oh, hey
Real life, real life
Oh, hey

Daisy pulled back from the hug, looking at you intensely. ''Thank you.''

''For what?'' You stared back at her, not knowing why she would thank you right now.

''For being here for me. I know I'm not easy but I just get so angry sometimes.''

You smiled at her words. Even though there was nothing to be sorry for, Daisy still felt she had to apologize for being angry. ''I know, and it is okay to feel that way. Don't ever feel guilty for feeling things. I'm always here if you want to rant.'' You winked at the last part, trying to lighten the mood. 

''What would I do without you?'' Daisy said half-joking, half-serious, chuckling lightly. Her mood had completely shifted from her anger and despair earlier and you were happy it did. You didn't like seeing her that way.

You laughed, thinking about how many things would probably go wrong if you weren't there to call her back sometimes. ''Probably some very stupid shit.''

Daisy threw you a playful glare before chuckling herself. You couldn't help but watch as her face lit up and she smiled that perfect smile that always made your heart jump. You admired her strength, how she could still smile after everything that had happened to her and was happening in the world. 

Every day, you realized how lucky you were to call her your girlfriend.

~~~~~~~~

A/N: not sure how I feel about this one, but I hope you liked it more than I did