36: Emilia

TW: this chapter contains actions of abuse

-Emilia-

"What-what do you want from me?" I asked, my lips starting to quiver once again as he removed the knife from under my chin and placed it back inside of his slacks. My breathing somewhat regulated until he exchanged it for a gun.

"What do I want from you?" He chuckled, his eyes slowly raising up from the gun as he looked back at me. "I just want you to spend time with your brother on our twenty-first birthday." He smiled, my heart dropping into the pit of my stomach as I found myself left in confusion.

"I-I don't have-"

"You don't have any siblings? Yeah, I thought the same thing too until several weeks ago. But don't worry, we're only half-siblings. I guess that's what happens when your fathers a fucking whore, am I right?" He grinned, my lip quivering as he pushed the gun into my chest.

"You know, we're practically like twins. Our father got two women knocked up around the same time and we just so happened to be born on the same day." He laughed, my eyes showing every single sign of fear as possible.

"I feel like you would have been an amazing sister to have if papa never kept us a secret from each other. Maybe you could have been there to keep me company when he used to leave me alone in the dark for hours." He sighed, sadness flickering in his eyes before it faded as if it had never happened.

"You know, I'm jealous of you, Emilia. I really am. I've seen the videos that he and your mother used to film when you were little. He looked so much happier when he was with you guys than he did with my mother and I. You got the best version of our papa while I got stuck with an abusive mother and father. It's like a two for one special." He laughed but I could clearly tell that he was hurting.

"I'm sorry-"

"Yeah, I'm sure you are. But the thing is, I don't give a fuck about your apology. It's not like those two meaningless words can undo everything that those assholes put me through." He cut me off, running his hand through his hair.

"You know, papa left you for me, and usually that would be a good thing, but it was fucking not. The piece of shit used to beat the living hell out of me for no reason. Every night, I would get punished and in the mornings, I would get another round from my mother. It's like, why have a kid if the only thing you're going to do is abuse them, you know?" He asked, waving his gun around carelessly, and I nodded my head, watching as he frowned at me.

"Why the fuck are you nodding your head? You don't understand what it's like to be abused by the people who you thought were supposed to love you. You're pure, and I fucking hate that about you. You got to grow up with the life that I wish I had as a child. We both have the same father, yet I was the one who had to take all his shit while you got to grow up with the perfect life!" He yelled, looking at me with disgust on his face. My eyes widened as I immediately disagreed, shaking my head.

"That's n-not true. My life isn't perfect at all. My-my mother was an alcoholic who used to bring different men to the house almost every single day, and while she was sleeping around, I was trying to find a way to prevent us from becoming homeless. My m-mom had a boyfriend named R-Rick who used t-to sexually assault me, sometimes even in front of her and she would still choose him over me. She chose every man that ever came in her life over me." I cried, watching the way his eyebrows pulled together.