7 || outside

I knocked on my closet door, looking down at my shoes. It was early, but I was dressed and eager to get out of my house.

After a moment without an answer, I knocked again, harder. I heard a groan, and a shift of things in my closet before the door opened.

Peter's eyes were barely open, adjusting to the light, as he propped himself up on the makeshift bed we had made him on the floor of my closet.

"Come on, Peter!" I exclaimed, tapping my foot with urgency.

"What's going on?" He asked, his voice hoarse.

"My parents aren't home from the hours of 9 am to 6 pm, which means we can go!"

"Go where?"

"Outside!" I exclaimed, and he smiled.

-

"Queens looks just like it does in my world," Peter said as we walked. He was hidden behind a pair of sunglasses, a hat I found in my closet, and a jacket that used to belong to my dad that didn't fit him anymore.

"Yeah, well... it's not a place you can really change," I responded, walking alongside him.

"It's nice to be outside," Peter said with a sigh. He was taller than me, my head only coming up to his neck. He stopped walking. "Thank you, y/n."

I blushed. "It's no problem, Peter." We continued walking. "Besides, you're not my prisoner or whatever. I just didn't want you to be discovered."

"No, I know," He assured me as we turned the street corner. "You were just trying to protect me, that's all." We were quiet for a second. He turned to me excitedly. "Hey, is Delmar's real here?" I laughed, shaking my head.

"No, unfortunately it isn't." I said, and he frowned. "But if you're hungry, there's a couple other places we could go."

-

"This is the best thing I've ever tasted," Peter said, his mouth full of french fries. "Seriously, y/n. I'm not exaggerating."

"I know you're not," I said, my mouth equally full. I sighed, pleasantly stuffed with a burger and too many fries to count.

"Why would anybody not want to eat this?" Peter continued, the brim of his hat covering majority of his face.

"I do not know," I said, taking a long sip of my milkshake.

"And who would have thought that fries in a milkshake could be so good?" I laughed. I casually pulled out my phone, checking the time. I stood up. 

"We better go. My parents will be home soon," I said, frowning. Peter stood up, too. 

"You're right." He sighed. "Well, it was fun while it lasted." I scoffed, throwing out my garbage. 

"Yeah, it was," I agreed, my voice soft. Peter and I walked slowly, both not wanting to go back. Despite what I originally thought, I enjoyed hanging out with Peter. I had never gotten to hang out with normal guys before, and while Peter wasn't necessarily normal, he was as normal as I was going to get.

Plus, he was funny, shared my love for food, was smart, strong, not to mention he saves lives for a hobby-

Stop.

I cleared my throat. "So..." I started, though I wasn't sure where the sentence was going. 

"Yeah?" Peter asked, cocking his head in my direction. I let the houses pass us, my head down towards the cracked sidewalk. I looked upwards, my eyes widening. 

"Oh God." I said, and Peter looked at me with obvious concern. 

"What? What's wrong?" He asked, and I looked across the street at the girl and guy walking towards us. 

"I go to school with that girl." 

"So?"

"Well... she kind of hates me. Like really, really, really hates me." I swallowed as she got closer. Corina was beautiful - much more gorgeous than me, for the record - with long, flowing black hair, a perfect smile, a button nose, and the most beautiful clothes I'd ever seen.

The arm draped around her shoulder in the letterman jacket belonged to her boyfriend, Cole. Cole was the typical popular jock: on the football team, dating a cheerleader, insanely hot, and a complete jerk. 

They were the definition of a perfect highschool couple, him adorned in his letterman jacket and her in the tightest skirt and crop top. Head cheerleader, quarterback. Insanely gorgeous, handsome. You get the idea. 

"Y/n!" Her voice was dripping with mock excitement to see me. She looked Peter up and down and I prayed she wouldn't realize who he was, holding my breath as she gave him a lingering look. "Who's this?" 

"Oh, um..." I looked at Peter, safely - well, somewhat safely - disguised in his hat and glasses. 

"I'm Peter," He said, in a voice much deeper than his own. I tried to hide my shock and confusion as he shook her hand. 

"Well, Peter," She said, turning her attention back to me momentarily, "What are you doing hanging around someone like y/n? She doesn't seem like your type." I felt awful, and Corina could tell, but I ignored it. 

"Who wouldn't want to hang around y/n?" He asked, and I looked down at the ground, smiling. "I mean, she is truly amazing. You on the other hand..." It was his turn to look her up and down, and after doing so, he looked at Cole. "Are you sure you want to be hanging around her?" He asked him, and I held back a laugh. 

"That's my girlfriend, man," Cole said defensively, his arm starting to leave Corina's shoulders as if he was ready to throw a punch. I looked at Peter alarmingly, knowing that if he were to fight Cole, he would be exposed immediately. Maybe not as Peter Parker, but as Tom Holland for sure. And what would a twenty four year old be doing with a high schooler? Gross. 

"You know, I would love to fight you, but y/n and I have somewhere to be." He grabbed my hand, and I could feel my heart flutter and my cheeks flush. "See you." He said coldly, pulling me along. My eyes widened, and I stifled another laugh. 

"What the hell was that?" I asked, laughing. I just shut up the most popular girl at school, and I was going to take that as a win. Plus, Peter hadn't let go of my hand yet.

Maybe I didn't want him to.

"Mr. Stark made me this voice thing so I wouldn't get recognized. Thought it would come in handy," He said, his voice back to normal. He was clearly proud of himself, sporting a large grin. "That girl was horrible."

"Thank you so much, Peter. Seriously." I said, suddenly aware of how my hand was still entangled with his. 

"Thank you. For everything." He replied, smiling. I was still blushing, and at this point I was positive that the redness in my cheeks would never go away.

"Come on, let's go home." 

(A/N: Thank you guys so much for reading this story! Please leave me some feedback, I would really appreciate it! <3 Hopefully, I will have a new part out tomorrow so stay tuned!)