15. Blood drop

That night Theodore didn't sleep. He was paranoid.

Paranoid that someone from the rebellion was going to try and hurt his Alice. He tried to let his body heal but his mind wasn't letting him.

Since sleeping was impossible for him he decided to go to Alices chambers.

Emeric stood in front of the door on the left side as usual, guarding the princesses room.

Theodore straightened his posture as he came into the view of the Walzenorian knight. Even for a man like Theodore his wounded body was troubling him.

His breath still seemed uneven from the punches and his wound next to his  eye stung.

"Where were you this morning?" Emeric said sternly.

Theodore was surprised by his question as they'd been suspicious of another but have never really spoken other than threatening each other.

Emeric raised his visor and stared questioningly at Theodore, who ignored him and took his place on the other side of the door. Alice was probably asleep already.

With his helmet back on he felt safer. Emeric had heard about Dorn going to town without telling anyone and the fact that he was supposed to be chained up in a cell right now. Emerics patience grew thin.

"Answer me, god dammit!"

Theodore didn't move. He simply guarded. The fact that Emeric was standing in front of the door reassured Theodore that Alice was inside. He had caused enough trouble for her today.

He felt guilty.

Hadn't he promised to make things up to his bonded? Now he was causing more trouble then he intended.

The young king was roughly shaken out of his thought as he saw a hand aiming for his helmet out of the corner of his eye.

He grabbed Emerics arm tightly, pulling it hard as he turned around  pushing Emeric into the wall. Theodore used his free hand und roughly grabbed Emerics throat, tightening his grip.

The young kings abdomen pained extremely from the quick circular movement, but he didn't show it. Nor did he care.

Emeric gasped as the pressure on his airways tightened.

To Theodores surprise there wasn't any fear in Emeric eyes. They were full of hate as he stared into the kings eyes through the helmet.

Almost gagging as he spoke, he said, "you- ugh- think I'm a fool, don't you?" Theodore tightened his grip further being annoyed by Emerics bullshit.

Still angry at the queen, at the situation with Alice and at Sir Hadrian he could barely control his rage.

Emeric pulled at the choking hand uselessly, as he turned dizzy.

He lifted his foot swiftly, kicking Theodores armor in the stomach region. The pressure from the armor dug into his stomach making Theodore step back and grab his stomach in pain.

Emeric gasped for air as he shuffled back into the middle of the hallway to avoid being pinned down again.

"I KNOW YOUR SECRET!" Emerics shouted unsheathing his sword.