Regret

Mamoru was staring at Roswaal's corpse....for some reason, he didn't feel satisfied, not at all. The more he looked at him, the more pissed he got.

He always hated this man, even though Subaru didn't know yet. In the Sanctuary, Roswaal was the one who had sent Elsa and Meili towards the mansion.

He wasn't even told that information. Just by looking into Subaru's memories, he could tell that Roswaal was the one responsible.

It really just shows how capable Mamoru is. He was also quite cunning, after all, he had defeated the greatest magician in Luginica without getting hurt.

And now that he was standing, staring at his dead body....he felt rage, the fact that because of Roswaal's actions, he knowingly killed his Father multiple times.

Even though Roswaal was already dead, Mamoru used the [Unseen hands] to start ripping him limb from limb, muscle from muscle and even bone from bone.

For anyone watching this, it would look like Mamoru was glaring at a corpse that was being torn apart by nothing.

At the end of it, you could barely tell if the corpse on the ground was human or not. Mamoru was also completely covered in blood.

Mamoru:....*sigh* that's a bit better...i should find Father now. Especially since it's getting a bit hard to breathe....

While this was happening, the mansion was still on fire and it was spreading at a rapid pace.

*meanwhile*

Subaru: W-what the hell is t-this?!!

Subaru and Emilia were standing infront of Ram's room. That room was filled with the corpses of Rem, Ram and the dress of Beatrice.

Subaru: How?! How?! This never happened before....so...how?!

But then, Subaru thought of something. Back in the Sanctuary, Roswaal had made it snow to bring the Great Rabbit and to control Subaru.

So maybe, just maybe. If the existance of Mamoru contradicts the Gospel, then Roswaal might have done something to force Subaru to Return by Death. But what's the point of killing them then?!

Then, as Subaru was about to say something to Emilia, but then he heard footsteps coming their way.

He quickly turned around to face this new threat, but the one walking towards them was none other than Natsuki Mamoru.

He smiled and waved at them.

Mamoru had a plan in mind. He was going to murder most of the Roswaal residents and blame it on something else. Normally, for someone as cunning as Mamoru, he'd be able to get away with it.

But because of the rage he felt towards Roswaal, he made a grave mistake.

He completely forgot about the blood on him.