Chapter 9

'Welcome back, Lorraine,' said Adam with a large smile on his face.

'Hi there,' she answered and hugged him briefly but tightly.

The three stopped and watched Ruby's house for a few long moments. None of them dared to do a move, wondering what was going to happen next.

'Why would they let us talk to her now?' wondered Adam out loud.

'Because this time we'll be more stubborn,' explained Ed shortly like that made sense.

The girl hid a smile when she noticed the confused look that her friend threw to Ed.

Before they could even head to the house, a shout heard. The three glanced at each other shortly before running to the front and knocking multiple times. No one would answer so Lorraine made the boys a sign to force the door.

Luckily it wasn't locked and they stormed inside easily.

Right in the living room, Ruby was holding a knife at her gut, shouting to whoever tried to come close to her. Tears flowed down on her cheeks and obviously the girl didn't have control over her own actions. Each time her father would try to say something or catch her hands she would back away and scream with anger "Go away".

'Ruby!' Adam yelled and she turned around with teary eyes to look at them.

Her grey eyes however stopped on Lorraine with a pleading look in her eyes.

'Help me,' she mouthed to the other girl.

The problem was that Lorraine didn't know what to do and froze with fear in that place. Wondering what she could do, her hand gripped around Ed's forearm like she begged him to come with a brilliant idea.

Feeling the desperation from her grip and seeing the pain from Ruby's face, Ed did the only thing that seemed to make sense at that moment. He pulled out with strength the small crucifix from his neck and pointed it at Ruby.

At that action the girl screamed even more but after a few moments she let the knife fall on the carpet. Her parents ran to her right away yelling at the teenagers to leave their house.

However, Ruby made them a sign to wait and ran directly in Lorraine's arms. Lorraine froze in confusion and listened to her whisper:

'I don't know what's happening with me. But I might hurt someone else.'

'Ruby,' the other girl began to tell her how it might not be what she thinks it is, even if they all knew it, but got interrupted.

'Please think of something, Lorraine. My parents don't believe me.'

And with those words, she turned around to go back to her parents. That left them no choice but to leave the house.

For a few minutes after, the three rushed on the streets, heading to the park. They didn't know why they were running but they all felt like they needed to go away from that place.

Ed stopped first, making Adam bump into him and Lorraine turn around to check on him.

'I think we need to talk,' he spoke as an explanation. 'Running forever won't cancel that moment.'

The other two nodded in approval while regaining their breath. None of them could explain why they dashed like that it was just like they made a silent agreement to do so.

When they stopped at the edge of the lake on a bench, Lorraine took her spot at Ed's chest, listening to his heart beating. That way both of them calmed down.

'I'm third wheeling again,' pointed out Adam laughing. 'Never mind soon we'll go on that double date that you promised.

He pointed at Ed and made Lorraine glance at them puzzled.

'Wait what double date?' she asked then grinned at her friend. 'Who is she?'

'Amber, the girl you introduced me to and I will be forever grateful. She is incredible.'

Lorraine smiled with so much happiness to him and laughed while congratulating him. Somehow she had expected it but hearing the news made her feel so happy.

'Why didn't you tell me?'

The girl turned around and punched her boyfriend playfully.

'Each time I asked what's new you would tell me nonsense and forget about this?'

'Sorry, sorry. I forgot. Now, should I remind you guys about Ruby?'

Those words wiped away the smiles from their faces, replaced by serious expressions. Ed felt a bit bad that he had to ruin their cute moment, but he was bugged about what had happened inside that house.

Even if none of them said it, they all knew. Ruby was possessed. None of the three could for those words and simply acted like they already knew it.

'What should we do?' asked Adam, now more convinced than ever that this kind of stuff existed. 'I'm new in the business.'

'I don't know,' answered Lorraine with a low voice. 'She expects me to do something about it because now she knows what's going on with her.'

'But she told you that her parents don't believe her.'

Ed pointed out their main problem. And they didn't know how to solve it.

'I think we should give her some time to convince them,' the girl decided. 'After what happened today it's kinda hard to say that they won't believe her.'

'And what if they won't?'

Ed moved his eyes from his girlfriend to the other boy. Sighing he gave him the only answer that made sense.

'Then we might all be in danger.'

~I know, I know I update rarely. I just wish I would have more time to write, but I swear that I am not going to give up on this fanfiction. And I will update more often. Also let's pretend like I didn't write this chapter during chemistry class:))~