lunch break • spencer reid (fluff)

Spencer x Reader (tried to make this GN)

Warnings: none!

"Hey Spence, I'm gonna make lunch you wanna join?" You asked your boyfriend. You both had been working from home due to pandemic and had decided to quarantine together rather than be apart for weeks on end.

"Sure," He said, closing his laptop and walking over to where you were sat on the kitchen counter.

"Great, whats on the menu today chef." You joked, pulling him closer by his tie. Even when he was just at home he had to dress smart, not that you were complaining, he looked incredible in a suit.

He smirked up at you and kissed you softly, "I have something in mind." His lips moving to kiss your jaw teasingly making you laugh.

"As much as I would love that, we only have an hour and I'm actually starving, so we have to make real food." You said jumping down to open the fridge and inspect the basically non-existent contents.

"Oh wow, we really need to go grocery shopping." Spencer spoke from behind you, his chin coming to rest on top of your head.

"Yeah, it has been a wh-ooo pancakes?" You said, spying the bottle of batter and reaching for it. "And its not out of date, yes!"

"Pancakes sound great, I'll grab a pan." He said, pulling off of you to grab whatever was needed, as you continued to scavange the fridge for anything else that might be edible.

"Ok," you put the ingrediants down next to the soon to be filled plate of pancakes, "We have blueberries, maple syrup AND I found a can of whipped cream." You smiled up at him and he returned it with a grin of his own.

"Sounds great babe, these will be done in a couple of minutes, wait watch me flip it." He moved the pan away from the stove to face you and lifted it up causing the pancake to fly up and fall back down, only it ended up on the floor rather than in the pan.

You tried to hold back your giggles as his face fell into a small pout, "Nice try Spence, leave the flipping to the experts." You reached to grab the pan from him and poured some more batter.

"No way, that was a fluke let me try again." He said, but you used one finger to keep him away, before turning to face him with the pan.

"Watch this," You said, more confidently than you shouldve, because the next thing you know the handle fell off the pan causing it to clatter on to the floor.

You and Spencer both stood there for a few seconds, jaws dropping in shock as you stared at the broken pan, contemplating how on earth that couldve happend. Finally, Spencer let out a loud laugh, causing you to look up at him and giggle uncontrollably.

"Oh my god, how-why- what just happened?" You tried to ask, failing to get through your sentence without bursting into another fit of laughter.

"Well, there goes our plan for pancakes. I suppose we could just have these blueberries... or we could order chinese." He said pulling himself together before reaching into the drawer to grab a menu.

"Fine, but only if you get those spring rolls I love." You said pointing the broke handle at him and beginning to clean up the mess from the broken pan.

"Of course, how could I forget...." He said, grinning cheekily at you as you rolled your eyes in amusement.

"Ok Mr. Eidetic Memory, you order and i'll finish cleaning this up since I, unintentionally, made this mess." You said. He nodded in agreement and left the room to grab his phone to place the order.

He came back a few moments later, and you were now sat back atop of the counter scrolling through your phone. You placed it down next to you as he approached you, once again settling in his place between your legs as you wrapped your arms around his neck.

"All done, they said it should be about 30 minutes so we'll have to eat and zoom at the same time." He said, placing a small kiss on your forehead.

"30 minutes huh? I guess we have time to go back to your previous plan..." You said, looking at him with a smirk.

"Yeah?" He asked as you nodded eagarly, squealing as he picked you up by your thighs, ready to move you to the couch.

"Wait!" You practically yelled, causing him to stop in a panic, checking to see if you were hurt. But all you did was look up at him with a devilish grin. "Don't forget the whipped cream."

And if you had to tip the delivery guy extra because you made him wait as you cleaned the stickiness off, well, it was worth it.