Brooklyn Wolfert

As I walked in to the room I see Elena lost in thoughts while writing in her diary.

"Hey, you ready?" My question seemed to startle her as she looked up at me with wide eyes.

Elena slowly put her diary down and walked to the mirror trying to put on a smile, to be strong. " Yeah, I'll be down in a minute." Elena responded.

I look at her through the mirror, trying to analyse her, to figure out what she's thinking, how she's feeling. I walk up behind her now looking up at both of our reflections. I can still see the pain in Elena's eyes, almost the same one reflecting in mine.

"Hey!" I say grabbing Elena's shoulders and turning her to look at me. "It's going to be okay, we have each other." I assure her giving a small smile. Elena returned the smile before taking a deep breath, grabbing my arm and leading me downstairs with her.

======================================================

"Toast, I can make toast" Jenna offers while looking back as both me and Elena walk into the kitchen.

"It's all about the coffee aunt Jenna." Elena asserted pouring a cups of steaming coffee.

"Is there coffee?" Jeremy asks walking over to Elena, grabbing the coffee she just poured herself.

"First day of school and I'm totally unprepared." Jenna stressed.

I mouth "thanks" to Elena as I grab the second cup of coffee Elena poured.

Jeremy lets out a small chuckle seeing Elena's now annoyed face. 

Jenna walks over offering lunch money to the three of us but before I could say anything Jeremy already took the money and shoved it in his pocket.

Jenna rushed out the house, late for her presentation, leaving the three of us in the kitchen.

"Are you okay?" Elena asked Jeremy. He hasn't talked to us much since their parents passed away. I'm really worried about him, he's always keeping to himself, not letting anyone in.

"Don't start." he sighed walking out the room, leaving Elena frustrated with her younger brother.

======================================================

Bonnie picked me and Elena up. We only had a tiny disagreement about who sits at the front, I won, as usual. I was trying to check my hair in the mirror but noticed Elena glaring at me from behind.

"Oh come on Lena, you know I always win." I smirk back at her.

"And that's exactly why I'm annoyed." Elena snarled.

"Stop being a baby and get over it, it's not that much of a big deal." I retorted.

Elena was about to reply with another stupid remark but Bonnie interrupted "that's enough guys, I need to tell you guys something."

I nodded my head towards her signalling for her to carry on.

"So, grams is telling me I'm psychic."

I look away from her so that she can't see my worried face. I knew Bonnie was a witched, I sensed it the first day I met her but I can't have her finding out about it because then she will find out about me which would probably force me to have to move again. Quite frankly, I like living here, it's calm and nobody knows anything about me, the real me, and I want to keep it that way. 

I look over to Elena but realise she has zoned out and is not listening to what Bonnie is saying. Bonnie isn't taking this seriously so I don't have to deal with this yet, she might just leave it and think her grams is crazy.