Chapter 161: Foundations of Government

Kirkcour Woods,

Northern Rosendun,

15th Banem 1092.

Two days had passed since the events at Suvron's Gate. Since then, Kashi, Shadow, and Larsial had been wandering through the forests north of Rosendun, searching for the centaurs Absalon saw. Regarding the events at Suvron's Gate, initially, Kashi intended to lie to Larsial. However, he changed his mind when Shadow informed him of her deductions.

Kashi was impressed by Larsial's ability to discern the nature of his inner world. For most people, having such an intelligent person by their side would lead to them becoming wary and suspicious. However, for Kashi, it was the opposite. The smarter Larsial was, the happier he was.

With most people, Kashi would have to rely on somehow winning over their hearts. However, for brilliant people, it was often enough to convince their minds. After conquering their hearts, Kashi could then look into winning their hearts.

Kashi did not need Larsial to like him. He only needed her to pick him over the daeben. This was the reason he had asked her to shadow him. Following this line of thought, Kashi explained the summary of his abilities to both of them. He did, however, leave out his ability to manipulate the elements.

Of course, another reason Kashi could so confidently expose his ability was that it wasn't something that could easily be countered. Whether it was the improved regeneration or muscle strength, they were both things that an enemy could not manipulate in battle. Also, Kashi adding life to his world was something they could not manipulate or stop.

At worst, the enemy would send assassins to hunt Kashi down. But was that any different from what they would do regardless? As the guildmaster of one of the largest guilds in the continent, it was only natural to be the target of assassinations.

Unfortunately for most assassins, Kashi was often a solitary wanderer; hence it was tough for these assassins to track down his movements.

This was also why Kashi did not tell Shadow and Larsial about his ability to manipulate elements. Now that was an ability that could change the battlefield. It was better to keep that one a secret for as long as possible. Only then would it be even more effective against their enemies.

Following Kashi's explanation of his abilities, the trio traveled down to a large forest north of Rosendun called Kirkcour Woods. Kirkcour Woods was a dark forest home to many high-leveled creatures and monsters. The trees were robust and thick, often climbing as high as fifty to sixty meters high. Tightly-knit canopies blocked off sunlight, casting a dreary atmosphere over the forest. Eerie silence ruled like a mage had cast [Silence] on the entire forest.

Absalon had reported meeting the centaurs on the outskirts of this forest. Absalon did not search out the village because of time restraints, but the centaurs had assured him they lived within the forest. The centaurs were scouts sent out by the village to seek out adventurers for help.

Absalon was not the first group they had asked for help, nor would they be the last.

Before Absalon's arrival, a couple of adventurers had volunteered. Unfortunately, all the volunteers subsequently perished in the forest. Luckily for other curious people, a few of the adventurers were Summoned.

One of the Summoned spread on the real world forums that the monsters in the forest were around Level 150. Analysts quickly realized that if the beasts were Level 150, then more than likely, the centaurs had to be around that level to have lived for so long in the forest. However, now, there was a threat that even these Level 150 centaurs were utterly helpless against.