twenty | diners and phonecalls

Caleb Andrews

Caleb Andrews

Looking over at her running towards me, her hair was now partly wet and she was carrying a folder over her head. She looked beautiful, even if she did have an angered look plastered onto her faces directed at me.

She was angry because I was standing outside in the rain and the truth was that I wanted to make sure that she was actually coming. I had seen her in the cafeteria with Flora today and it made me hate that she had gone back to a friend that had done something so horrible to her. She shouldn't even be counted as a friend anymore.

She climbed into the passenger seat as I did the same on my side. I knew exactly where I would take her and I had planned it ever since I had first kissed her. There was something that ran through me when I kissed Gabby, and I couldn't help but want to feel that again.

There was a diner I knew about a few towns over that nobody ever went to from this town and so I knew that it would just be the both of us, no distractions.

Not even any friends I had made at school knew skit this. Then again the friends I've recently made are two guys that have been suspended almost six times in one year, so it wasn't exactly looking good.

"So, where are you taking me?" She asked as she leaned against the divider between us and rested her chin against her palms. I chuckled at her as she was desperate to know where we were actually going.

"To eat food," I replied back, making her huff in annoyance. I had learnt by now that she really wasn't a fan of being in the unknown. She always wanted to know what was happening, even if it was something as small as where I was taking her to get some food.

"You'll find out soon enough," I replied with a smirk as her stomach made a gurgling sound, signalling that she was hungry. "Soon enough is too long," she complained and leant back in her seat out of annoyance.

We had been officially travelling for only around five minutes and she was already hungry. This girl really doesn't have much patience when it comes to food.

After around twenty minutes of Gabby shouting into my ear at being hungry, we finally arrived outside of Helen's Diner. It's been my favourite place to go to since arriving in this town, and I had been to it almost every week, mainly just to get away from everything.

It was the best meal I'd ever had and it still was. "Let's go!" I shouted as I parked up in the near empty parking lot and opened the door as she did the same. "This looks so cute," she squealed once again like a little girl.

"Come on," I put my arm around her warm shoulders and dragged her inside to see the new young waitress that was working last week.

Last week, I flirted with her like I usually would, but something felt different between Gabby and I. It felt strange to talk to another girl when I was with her, despite there still being an awkwardness between us about me bringing girls back last week.