031 ::: Always Bite

I got my computer! I will be busy with my class this week so this will be the only update for this week, BUT I will be writing and updating next week. Sorry it took so long,  but I am hoping that it will be a little more often/consistent going forward (although, no guarantees) since we are getting into the end of it and I am becoming SO BORED with this story. No offense or anything, but this story was built off of one specific scene idea and that was it. I didn't put much thought into it like my other story that will be more thought out than this one.

Enjoy! :) <3

The smell was abhorrent.

Vile.

Disgusting.

I had never been more grateful to live in another place far from here than I was now. The smell of this place singed my nose hairs and made me want to retch from the innermost depths of my gut.

Everything around me wanted to make me flinch, not out of fear, but out of pure revulsion. It has been 4 days and it's still as if it's the first time I stepped out of the car when we originally arrived. What's worse is that Rosie didn't even bat an eye as if this were still normal to her. I worry that she will never let go of this hell hole.

There were people living in the streets harrowed and begging for just another handout, garbage littered the ground running rampant as the wind carried it and the putrid smell around the area, and then there was the fecal matter of these disgusting beings clumped into piles on the ground every so often. The once pristine cabanas were falling apart, peeling paint, chipped wood, dented tin, shutters hanging by the last thread, doors with holes barely serving its purpose for enclosure; I couldn't help but huff in anger from the state the human section was in. I give them space, I give them a home, I give them a job and they treat it with no respect.

What could I really expect from humans?

Nothing better than this, I suppose.

Still, my lip curled in detestation. Everywhere I looked there was just another thing to add to my list of reasons to demolish this area. Completely wipe out the cabanas and their inhabitants and expand the kingdom, my warriors deserve new training grounds. I just needed these remaining 5 and a half weeks to show Rosie how good she has it back home and how repugnant this place is. Then, once I obliterate this dump, she won't miss it.

There was literally nothing here to miss.

I dragged my hand down my face, this paperwork was getting to me, but I needed it done for tomorrow. Luckily, I was going back to the kingdom for a day, spending time in meetings before staying the night and returning to this shit stain the next day. I couldn't wait to get away, although, leaving my Rosie behind was not something I was looking forward to in the slightest. I didn't trust it. I didn't trust leaving her here with all of this filth around, people included, without my being here to supervise and ensure her safety. She is lucky she's marked or I would be taking her with me, but, at the same time, I needed her here to let reality sink in and truly open her eyes to how absolutely fucking squalid this place was. Hopefully, it was soon. I didn't want to spend a second longer in this place than I had to.

No amount of showers I took could rid me of this stench.

Regardless, I was beyond thankful to go home for a day and be in a place where its inhabitants actually took pride in their homes.

For the next few hours, I worked tirelessly on the forms in front of me, completely forgetting how long the process was for expanding my land. Though it was my land and I technically don't need permission from anyone as I am king, it makes keeping track of finances and resources easier; the trade-off is worth it considering how much of a headache it makes everything without the paperwork. I was so lost in my work that I didn't even notice the setting of the sun and the dark blanket covering the sky.