Distress day 28

Marinette POV

Run! Keep on running! I chanted in my head. I was running from the court of owls. I was stolen from my family at a young age. After I got hit with a dark energy blast. No one knew where it came from. But they think it may have been from a portal to another world.

Anyways some how the court of owls found out and kidnapped me. From there they have taught and trained me. Along with keeping a close eye on me. They knew that my powers would make it easy for me to escape. But I finally did. I discovered a new ability after listening in on the scientist conversation. But right now I am on the run.

I tripped and fell into an ally. I hid in a dumpster. I stayed there and thought about my life before I was kidnapped. I remembered my older brother Richard. I remembered my parents John and Mary. I remembered how they said how when I practiced I looked like a little phoenix. And how my older brother looked like a robin.

After getting my head out of the past I checked the ally to see if anyone was there. No one was. So I got out and started to run again. But was stopped by a man in a black spandex suit. With a blue bird across the chest. He looked at me and I looked at him. He gasped before talking in a hopeful tone.

"Micul Phoenix este că tu? (Little phoenix is that you?)" I gasped and took a step forward. Tears forming in my eyes. I responded with happiness and relief in my voice.

"Fratele mai mare sunt eu. Marinette sora ta cea mică.(Big brother its me. Marinette your little sister.)" He hugged me tightly as if to make sure I was real and that nothing would happen to me. I hugged him with tears of joy in my eyes and running down my cheeks. I then felt a new heat source appear.

I pulled away and looked to see who it was. I was caught off guard to see man dressed as a bat. I looked to my brother.

"Big brother why is there a man dressed as a big bat?" He laughed at my question. But he answered it.

"That is Batman. he is the protector of Gotham city and apart of the Justice League" I nodded in understanding. My brother then said that his adoptive father butler would come and pick me up. I nodded but was confused. He then he would explain everything once he got the chance. I nodded and waited.

Dick Pov

I can't believe it! My little sister is back. And unharmed but looked like she has recently been on the run. And very distressed. I knew I needed explain everything to B but right now I was just happy to see her. And the outfit she was wearing made it look like she was a vigilante.

 And the outfit she was wearing made it look like she was a vigilante

But I just got on my motorcycle and went to the batcave. There I changed and went up to the Manor. There I found Marinette sitting on a sofa in one of the many living rooms.

"Little phoenix what happened after you disappeared?" She bit her lip and looked down. She looked like she was on the verge of tears. Making her distress even more visibel. While she was quiet I did a quick look over of her.

She was around to be a year or two younger than Jason. I was nine when she disappeared. I was devastated when she disappeared. She had pure talent for anything that was about gymnastics and trapeze. She always wore gold, red and yellow.

Earning the name little phoenix. I layed my hand on her shoulder. She looked up at me for the first time and told me why.

"The court of owls got wind of me. So they stole me from you, mom and dad. Over the years they trained and taught me. They even some how help me discover my skills and control them. I soon started to plan my escape. Tonight is when I discovered a new power and escaped. The outfit I am in is what I slept, train, eat and sleep in." She hugged me and I could feel the tears on my shirt. Her distress finally getting the better of her.

I hugged her back but then Damian came in. He saw what a was happening. And turned around but before he could go far he got stopped by Marinette.

"Who are you? And where am I Richie?" Damian got a confused look. I sighed and answered her first. Distress in her eyes. And she eyed Damian suspiciously.

"That is Damian Wayne biological son of Bruce Wayne. And I was adopted by him when I was nine. after mom and dad died." She nodded excepting my answer. But was still suspicious. Then I turned to Damian.

"Little D this is my younger sister." He looked at her then me.

"I see the family resemblance. Also I can introduce myself thank you very much. And have you've seen Alfred the cat?" I sighed and looked at him then her. Distress still there. Which went down after the huge. That meant it went up when she saw Damian but why?,

"No I haven't." But then Marinette perked up. She had a small smile.

"I can help find him. Just give me a sec." She said closing her eyes. Raising her hand the fire place that had a decent fire going sprung forward. It went to her. She opened her eyes and looked at the fire. Then it morphed in a phoenix.

"What are you doing?" Damian demanded. The distress more prominent in her features now.

"It's called Pure/holy fire minipulation. It focuses on the benefits of fires. Like energy and life. And so me being able to do this makes it so I can find Alfred the cat." She explained. I smiled at my sister proud she didn't miss a beat or take offense to Damian attitude.

"How are you able to do that? And why we only now meeting you?" Damian demanded. She looked at the phoenix flying around now.

"Because I was hit with dark energy when I was younger and gained a few abilities. And because I was taken from my family for that reason. I was being trained to be the ultimate weapon of distruction. But I didn't want that. So I ran away. And I wasn't taken by the league of assassin's. No I was taken by the court of owls. And I know for a fact that you Mr. Damian Wayne have almost been chosen to become the next talon." She said standing up.

Damian looked shocked. But before he could say anything she stormed off. Pushing past him the flame phoenix following her. I could tell she was distressed by the situation. And it only grew with Damian afillalatuon with the owls.

There relationship was rocky at the start but grew closer. And soon it was to the point where I only me and marinette could see the real Damian under his mask. But they have a special connection with their terrible pasts. I'm just glad that my family is completely reunited now. And Marinette is adjusting to modern life which also included her getting a boyfriend. Much to mine and Damian disapproval but she was dating Roy Harper who also had a rough pastand knew hers. And the same for her as well.

Excepting her for who she is. And after me, Damian and the rest of the batfam threatened him. We accepted him. And I will say Marinette powers are awesome! She is known as Phoenix. And the Distress that I saw when I first found her vanished completely.

Her powers

Fire Manipulation

Holy Fire Manipulation

Pure Fire Manipulation

Sensing heat waves of people and other living and non living things

Resistant to heat

Healing Tears

Change into a phoenix