12

"Mom wheres Kyron?"

"He's at his friend's birthday party hon, he'll be back soon."

"Why don't I get to go to birthday parties?"

She sighed, "It's just not safe."

"That's what you always say! Why isn't it safe? What could possibly be so threatening that I can barely even leave the house? I want friends, I want a life outside of just training and family!"

"I know my love, and I really wish it didn't have to be this way. I promise I will explain everything once you're older."

"I'm twelve that's old enough."

She laughed and ruffled your hair. "Come on, I got some stuff to bake cupcakes I'll even let you have two once they're finished."

------------------------------------------------------------------------

After about an hour of tearing through your drawers, you stormed out of your room.

"Aizawa what the hell do people wear to parties?"

He lifted his head up from where he had been sleeping on the couch. "Are you seriously asking me that question right now? Sorry but you're on your own for this one kid."

"Ughhh" you walked back into your room and scanned all of the clothes that had been thrown onto your bed.

I'll look good regardless of what I'm wearing, but I would actually like to have on an outfit that looks decent. I mean the whole class is gonna be there.

After another hour of changing and trying on different outfits, you finally found one that you liked.

A knock came from your door.

"Come in!"

Aizawa stepped through the doorway and looked around the room. "You know you're gonna have to clean all this up right?"

You rolled your eyes. "Dude I finally found an outfit I liked, don't kill my hot girl moment right now."

It was his turn to roll his eyes. "Yeah whatever, we have to leave in like thirty minutes. By the way, I called in a favor from one of the pro heroes, he's gonna be patrolling around your area tonight just to be safe."

"I thought we had agreed to no babysitter."

"Well, I changed my mind. You won't even know that he's there trust me."

You sighed. "Fine."

The two of you walked out of your room, and you went to the kitchen to grab a snack.

"Did you eat the rest of the chips?!"

"Yup I was hungry after getting back from patrol last night. I'll get more tomorrow."

You shut the pantry and went to sit on the couch. Aizawa walked over to where you sat.

"Ok just to be vigilant let's go over the rules one more time."

"I swear to god you are like an overprotective dad."

He gave you an exasperated look.

"Fine, I won't step out of her house unless it's time to leave, no using my quirk for anything at all, and if anything goes down call you right away. This all seems very extra, as I said I highly doubt there's gonna be a villain posted up outside of Ashidos house."

"I just don't need us taking any chances. You're lucky I'm even letting you go."

You looked over at him, your brows furrowed. "You've been acting weirder than normal ever since you got back from that meeting this morning. Did something happen?"