42: Announcement

" Sky, where's my hair brush?" Cara called. After announcing her pregnancy, she was quickly moved into a room with Sky. Natalie wound up sharing with Jane, and Nick was with Michael.

" On the counter." He walked into the bathroom, shirtless, which she enjoyed. Cara looked at the counter in front of her, and sure enough, her hair brush was sitting in the middle of it.

" Oh." She said blankly. He chuckled, working around her. She turned, looking at her baby bump that had grown significantly over the past month.

" Still hasn't quite struck me that we're having a kid." Sky commented.

" Yeah." She pulled her shirt over her stomach.

" So, boy or a girl?" He asked.

" I still say boy." She laughed.

" And I still think it's a girl." He smiled.

" Guess we'll wait and find out." She grinned.

" Guess so."

oOOo

" JoJo, you need to tell him." Josh chased her down the hall. It has been a week since she had taken the pregnancy test, and she still refused to tell Ben about it.

" What are you so afraid of?" He grabbed her arm.

" Everything. I'm afraid of everything." She stressed.

" JoJo, it's Ben." Josh deadpanned.

" No." She tried to get away from his grasp.

" If you don't tell Ben, I'm telling Bexley." Josh threatened. JoJo's eyes widened.

" You wouldn't." She gasped.

" Try me." He squinted.

oOOo

" Be careful today." Sky pressed a kiss to Cara's forehead.

" You act like she's going into battle." Kaylee, another violinist, commented as she passed.

" He always does this now." Cara shook her head.

" She's pregnant, not disabled." Bexley called from down the hall.

" I feel like privacy just doesn't exist." Sky sighed.

" Nope." Josh appeared beside them.

oOOo

" Girl or boy, place your bets now." Bexley called. After the show, the cast had a small baby shower in the practice room.

" I think it's a girl." Josh stated.

" No, definitely a boy." Bexley shook her head.

" Cara said it was a boy too." Sky called.

" Mother's intuition." Bexley and Cara said in sync.

" I'm team boy." Ben stated. JoJo drew closer to his side, uncharacteristically quiet.

" You good." He pressed a kiss behind her ear.

" Yeah." She flashed him a convincing smile. Except it wasn't convincing enough. Ben decided to let it go for the time being.

" Cara, you excited?" Natalie pulled her away from Sky and to the circle of girls.

" Very." She smiled brightly.

" So, who's next?" Cara asked.

" Funny, I'm already a mom." Bexley winked, walking off to talk to Jeff and Josh. Natalie got pulled away by Nick. Cara studied JoJo, who seemed utterly lost in thought.