Omnomnaha

Smol fluff based on true events

——————

For whatever reason, Techno had been left to control the conversation topics for the dark car ride through the forest.

This was a mistake.

For only two reasons really: one, potatoes would be brought up at some point; two, Techno had adhd.

It had been five minutes since Techno was allowed to steer the talking and they had gone through the topics of earthquakes, geode composition, cool cakes, failed baking attempts, and the best cupcakes in the world.

"I'm just saying Five and Dimes cookies and cream cupcakes are unequivocally the best. It's not opinion, it's fact."
"See that's where you're just wrong. My mum's are the true best."
"Yeah? If I ever go to England you'll have to back that claim up."
"Yeah alright. If you do I'll make sure Mum bakes some. They're amazing."

Techno took a moment to respond. He did want to see England. It's the origin of his former major. The origin of a very confusing language.

English is weird. It has words that native speakers even have trouble saying. Like onomatopoeia.

"Hey Tommy, say onomatopoeia."
"W-what?"
"Can you?"
"Of course I can! I got a 9 in English! Onomanomom- wait."

Techno burst out laughing. Wilbur looked up from his phone and chuckled a bit. Phil's interest had also been piqued at the sudden laughter.

Now Tommy had to redeem himself.

"Omnomonomom. Omnimono- omnomo- onomamno"

Tommy continued struggling and Techno's laughter got contagious. Wilbur and Philza both started laughing.

Wilbur would not offer Tommy any help, but Philza is a much kinder soul and attempted to sound it out for Tommy.

"Tommy, it's omno- no."

Phil had been casual and smiling as he turned to look at Tommy. He had begun his sentence with the confidence of an English professor. Now his smile had dropped to a look of shock. His confidence fled and he stared into space.

He didn't remember how to say it.

The gremlin had said the syllables so much that he couldn't remember what the word really sounded like.

Wilbur threw his head back laughing and Techno was laughing hard enough to consider pulling over. Neither offered help.

"Omno- onomano- omnomonom"
"Ha Ha! You can't say it either! Omonon- omonomonomnomnom"

Wilbur grinned sadisticly at the two suffering through O's, M's, and N's. Techno wiped tears from his eyes and paused in laughing long enough to speak.

"G-guys i-it's, hahaha, it's ono- hahaha, onomatopoeia."
"Yeah, that. Onomatopoeia. Yes. Bloody hell."
"Omnomono pee."

They filled the car with a fresh wave of laughter. Luckily no one else was on the road so techno could take it slow.

"Y-yeah. That."

The laughter died down and a comfortable silence replaced it.

The only noises were rubber on asphalt, wind rushing over chilled glass, and the steady hum of a slowly accelerating engine.

Then one quiet phrase from Tommy.

"Onomatopoeia."

——————

I'm sorry it's short but wanted to give fluff before the next chapter cause, well you'll see.

Y'all are poggers and I like every one of you.