Part Five: Martinis & Mistakes

The first time you'd truly been introduced to Harry's popstar life was the following week when you went out to dinner together. He'd called you up earlier in the day, telling you to dress snazzy because he was taking you out to celebrate the success of your event at the museum.

He'd booked a table at a secluded restaurant in North London and he picked you up in a black Bentley that was being driven by a personal driver and greeted you with some flowers and a tight hug. You had assured him he didn't need to go through all this trouble of the night and he assured you that he wanted to.

You dressed in tight, high waisted pants with a matching crop top and an oversized leather jacket, throwing on a natural glam type of makeup that was dewy and bronzed. You slid into a pair of heels to gain some height on Harry. He was always teasing you about how short you were but you constantly disagreed, informing him you were of normal height and he was just abnormally tall.

Following your conversation about your friendship, it was blooming and flourishing. Full of consideration and warm fuzzy feelings. You didn't go a day without talking, excited to fill each other in of your days. He was as comforting as a bowl of your favourite soup on a stormy day.

You knew he had been seeing people and you had been, too. It was another conversation the two of you had. He was genuinely curious if you were planning on fucking anyone during your hiatus from commitment and you weren't shy to educate him of how sexual you were and how much you enjoyed casual sex. Harry was quick to shield his surprise and agree, his past with relationships deemed him a big fan of it.

He was so proud of you and your success, the event was a hit and garnered you plenty of appreciation and attention in your industry, your assistant informing you of new opportunities that were flooding your email inbox. You were getting the well deserved recognition and you felt the shift after all your hard work. It was a massive relief. Your parents had called you to express how proud they were of you, and your brother promised to come to London soon and take you out for a drink to celebrate.

Harry educated you on the best way to eat out, he ordered more than enough food, expressing that he wanted you to try all the cuisine they had to offer on their menu. He explained it was all far too good to just chose one or two items. By the time dessert arrived, you were both feeling the bottle of expensive champagne he'd ordered (you had peeked at the pricelist and almost choked on a sip of the liquid gold at the number) and sat cracking jokes while devouring a deliciously rich chocolate cheesecake shared between the two of you.

A small, polite voice pulled you both from your giggling and banter and you whipped your heads up to see a girl stood trembling with excitement. Her gaze was locked on Harry, "Hi, I'm so sorry to interrupt, it's just that I'm a big fan." She smiled and Harry's gaze softened and he stood up to greet her.

"It's no worries, love. How are you, you alright?" He was quick to wrap the overwhelmed girl in a hug while she clung to him. It really was heartwarming.

You felt a little on edge, your existence managing to stay unknown to his fans and you wanted to melt into the floor because you felt like that was about to change. You weren't scared for yourself, you were scared for Harry. He was very traumatized by what fame had done to his relationships and you didn't want him to suffer even more.

He got a picture with the fan and she left after they talked a little more while you watched the interaction with appreciation. It wasn't soulless, harry was genuinely interested in spending the time with her, getting to know her, thanking her for her support. You almost let out a sigh that the fan didn't acknowledge you aside from a couple of glances and small smiles.

"That was lovely," You breathed out, taking a gulp of your champagne.

"It's always so good to meet them. Thank them and get to know them, ya know?"