15.

Giselle

"So where do you want to start?" I asked, looking down at my hands. All while Abir laid in front of me, with the back of his head rest on my lap, looking up at the ceiling.

We'd just made it to his house and vowed to actually talk this time. We said that we would talk so that's what we were going to try and do.

Without arguing.

"I want to start from the question I asked you in the car." He spoke sternly and I nodded slowly, collecting my words.

"Okay." Was all I said as I got myself together and he looked up, looking deeply into my eyes as he awaited my answer.

"Abir, I didn't stay because I knew it wouldn't be easy for us.." I trailed off, gently running my hands through his hair.

"I was simply thinking about the future and I knew that neither of us had real money and neither of us had a place to stay."

"G.." He trailed off, chuckling angrily as he sat up from my lap and looked back at me.

"I already know that you're going to say that we could've stayed here, Abir."

"But you know that isn't true." I went on telling him as he looked at me with angry eyes but he knew I was right.

"I already knew your mom wasn't allowing it. Especially if my mama told her not to." I went on, expressing myself but he obviously wasn't trying to hear me because his face still held a mean mug.

"Man.." He trailed off, smacking his lips.

"Fuck outta here with that bullshit, Giselle."

"I told you I was gon' get us a spot and my mama wasn't never gon' kick you out especially if you ain't have a place to go." He rebutted and I sat here, listening to him empathically.

He needed to let this out.

"I told you I was gon' make that shit work for us, I beg you to just stay with and trust me bro but you couldn't even do that." He spat, shaking his head before he looked into my eyes and I tucked my lips, trying not to cry.

He was right, I didn't put any trust in him and I honestly didn't believe that he could get us a place and that he could make it work. Not because he was broke and working a legal job but because I was 18, and he was 20.

We were both young with no money, we weren't ready to be living life like real adults. I just didn't see a future in that for us so I made the decision to leave.

"Abir-" I started but he soon cut me off before I could even say anything.

"Tell me you left because you ain't trust a nigga, G." He went on, now telling me to say things that wasn't true and I wasn't going to do that.

Not for him or anybody else.

"No, Abir." I rolled my eyes.

"Say it, bro." He spat to me, licking his lips angrily.

"Say that shit!" He spat, making me jump hard as I looked into his eyes and he looked into mine sternly.

"Say it, G." He went on, forcing me to say this and I couldnt stop my tears from falling as I did.

"I didn't trust you, Abir." I finally spoke up, feeling my stomach becoming tight when I said it.