the Aftermath of the Teenage Life

A/n: yo yo whores, we get a 4 year time skip after graduation so they're grown now. Also give me your honest opinions. Please tell me how ur liking the book- Vamp

CONTENT WARNING⚠️: LOSE OF A FAMILY MEMBER

4 years had past since the night Gerard had given up on (Y/n). In Gerard's mind, (Y/n) had pushed him away for the last time. Hurt and tired he walked out of their house and their life. He stopped thinking about them, Gerard destroyed memories with art. He stopped chasing after (Y/n), it was easier than he expected. It hurt to see them hurt, but a glance in a hallway was just that now.

Their last real glance was at a funeral, in the summer after junior year, in the heat of the night (Y/n's) grandmother, Alexandria had passed. She went of old age, peacefully, in her sleep. No one called Gerard. He hated that he had an excuse to call Ray who already knew. There was a solid week of sitting in rooms with people he had known his whole life, and ignoring a small dish of them. He hugged his mother and father, thinking about their deaths, and how he might handle them. He talked with Mikey on the porch of their childhood home and told him he was going to be an amazing man one day. He even found time to ignor Ray so intensely his annoyance was almost audible, and he softened at the sight of (Y/n).

While he felt empathic to them, he still felt disappointed and tired. He saw (Y/n) the day before he left, they were holding Pumpkin, sitting on the steps of their house. The 3 shared one fleeting glance, Gerard stopping for a second to look at Pumpkin. He hadn't seen the creature in a year and nearly didn't recognize him. There was graying fur around his body, and that drove Gerard to remember that squirrels age as well. He gave a small nod before walking off. He felt he had nothing to say, not even to Pumpkin.

Because it no longer mattered that Gerard had lied, and Ray had left. Gerard had told the truth that night, he tried to save them one last time. He showed (Y/n) he cared, and he was thrown to the wolves.

Gerard was different now. His hair was short and white, and he was taller. His body was still soft and pale but less boyish, that's not to say he wasn't girlish. Gerard had become a lady without his own permission. He was a student in collage now as well, he had become a ball of new ideas and left home for bigger things. He didn't go far, just out of the county to a small university. This was more the thing that changed him, new people made him forget how shy he could be.

.

In those 2 years Ray had also changed. He was a man now, he had a job and an apartment. Collage life suited him best, and while on the same campus as Gerard they lived opposite lives. Gerard was an art major in almost no clubs, he smoked cigarettes and drank blush red wines and stayed out. Ray was a film major, a home-body. He watched vintage cinema, drank homemade honey ails, and stayed in. When he wasn't analyzing the complexities of film he was driving an hour over, He had left a girl there that he needed to see.

Taurus and Lilith had grown up attached at the hip, in the metaphorical since. They had stayed that way even after high school. Graduation hadn't changed their need to be around each other. Soon they found they needed a change. Working in their family's comic shop wasn't enough, the wall separating their rooms was too thick, and the quiet of their sleepy home buzzed in their ears and nearly made them go insane. They had changed, the twins had become like moths and the flew toward a light no one in their family could see.

They had moved to the city, New York city. They both quickly opened a second branch of their father's music and pulp shop, adding a second floor where they would sell their botanical trinkets and spells. It had made quick success and they were happy. The loudness of the city was music to their ears, and the lights fed something in them. Soon they would move into an apartment in the sky, not to far from their own shop. Their apartment had gotten the same spell treatment their late grandmother had given to their childhood home. Now their town home was 3 times bigger on the inside, and no one would know. Those who weren't allowed to see could not, the extra floors and magical tapestries simply didn't exist to the untrained eye.

Ray had of course gotten to see all of this growing up so close to magic he recognized it easily. When he visited for the first time he was not surprised, however he was surprised then how easy it was to fall in love all over again. Taurus and Ray had grown closer after graduated, he finally felt on the same level as her. For once they were not separated by an academic wall or a small sleepy town. They would both be students of a mild temperament, having a special affinity for movies and the occult. It was easy, gardening together on weekends, they grew closer and closer. By the time either of them realized how in love they were it was too late and the two were inseparable.

.

(Y/n) had been inseparable from their bed. After graduation, they put themselves to work in the music shop. Surrounded by instruments was not as bad as being surrounded by people. In the aftermath of the teenage life was silence. They're grandmother passed, their sisters moved out, and they stayed put. Their peers and bullies went to collage, (Y/n) went to work.

Everyday they would leave work with their parents, eat dinner alone in the living room, and talk to Frank on their porch until night fall. No new sensation, no new people, they became a ghost haunting their own home.

A/n: Alright now that you have your update we've got the set up for the comeback.- Vamp