42) Their Finale

Ella couldn't stop the shaking of her fingertips as she pried open the envelope that contained the results of her blood work from last week.

Upon arriving home, Damien and Ella booked an urgent appointment with her primary doctor, who had then proceeded to do some blood work on the Spanish girl for any irregularities that seemed indecipherable on the exterior.

"Damien!" Ella quickly called, "Damien!"

"What is it?" Damien frowned, seeing Ella's teary eyes as she handed him a paper. "What is it, amore?" He frowned deeper, suddenly scared of her results. She was crying, and that wasn't a good sign.

"Read it," Ella sniffed, moving closer to him as his eyes frantically scanned the paper.

"Is this real?" Damien felt his throat tighten, his mind reeling and heart pounding. Ella only nodded, unable to speak. "I... you're having our baby?" Damien's smile was slowly but surely forming.

"I know." Ella sniffed, feeling Damien pull her in, planting a slow and deep kiss to her lips.

"You're sure this is real?" Damien chuckled, looking over the form again, but everything showed legitimacy. "You're amazing, you know that?" Damien hugged her gently, his hand going to massage the back of her neck.

"It explains the tiredness, the nausea..."

"What about your period? How come you still were having that?" Damien pulled back, guiding Ella to the breakfast stool so that she could sit.

"It happens sometimes. Crazy, I know." Ella agreed with his amazed face, her own smiling aching her cheeks.

"So you're just going to be a tired Ella for a while, huh?" Damien sighed in relief placing his large hands to cradle her face gently. "I'm so excited." Damien chuckled, his lips curving up genuinely to reveal his dimple.

"Things are going to change," Ella nodded, looking back at the paper on the counter. Damien agreed, ecstatic over the news, and he stayed statistic every single day. Even when Ella wanted to keep her pregnancy on the down-low, at least until they passed the first trimester to ensure the health of the baby before spreading news of the incoming family member.

Of course, once both sides of the family found out, they both threw Ella a baby shower, over the moon that the couple was finally bringing another little one into the family mix. Other than that, Damien tried to ensure that everyone gave Ella plenty of space and peace; he didn't want anything or anyone to even so much as give her something to frown about.

Once Selena found out... well, that was a private conversation between Damien and Selena. It was then that Selena decided she could no longer push away Damien and his newfound life. He looked genuinely happy. Like, the happiest and most content Selena had ever, ever, seen him, really. So she decided to leave.

She promised she would come back one day, but for now, she needed to heal. Perhaps, just like Damien, she had never really gotten over Vincent's abrupt death. Vincent had been their glue, their joy for such a long time that it seemed as though Damien and Selena forgot how to be truly happy and true to themselves without him there. Lucky for Damien, though, he had found Ella.

Selena needed to go away and reflect on life. So she did. She softly congratulated Damien and left, crying in her car on her way home for a lost love, one that she was realizing was never hers to begin with.

Damien returned home, slightly worried, but he had a feeling that Selena was about to turn her life around, and upon confiding in his wife about the events, Ella assured him that Selena would be alright, that they would always be there to help her.