Kreacher

"How is it they knew we were there?" Harry asked in a hushed tone as the quartet quickly made their way out of the coffee shop.

"Maybe you still have the Trace on you?" Hermione suggested.

"Can't be. Trace breaks at 17. It's wizarding law," Ron explained.

"Exactly," Ellie agreed. "Must be something else. Perhaps our apparation."

Hermione suddenly stopped in her tracks, a face of regret forming on her face. Ellie looked to her girlfriend worriedly and took her hand.

"What?" Ron asked, turning to look at Hermione.

"We didn't celebrate your birthday, Harry. Ginny and I, we prepared a cake," Hermione whined.

"Yeah, I would've helped, but I probably would have burned down the Burrow," Ellie added, hoping to bring some amusement.

"We were going to bring it out at the end of the wedding," Hermione continued in a disappointed tone.

"Hermione, honestly. I appreciate the thought, but given the fact we were almost killed by a couple of Death Eaters a few minutes ago..." Harry trailed.

"Right," Hermione agreed. "Perspective."

"We need to get off the streets, get somewhere safe," Ron suggested.

--

The quartet arrived at 12 Grimmauld Place just moments later. Ellie watched in fascination as the brick wall expanded to create another apartment.

The four of them entered the building, shutting the door behind them. The hallway lights illuminated as a cloud of smoke appeared, taking the form of the late Dumbledore. It began to rush towards them, reaching its hand out for intruders. Hermione let out a scream as she clutched Ellie's arm in fear. The smoke had disappeared just before them, leaving the four of them flustered.

"What was that all about?" Ron asked in a shaky voice.

"Probably Mad-Eye's idea, in case Snape decided to come snooping," Hermione suggested. She took a step forward, withdrawing her wand. "Homenum Revelio."

Nothing happened, though a low "swooping" was to happen if a human was detected.

"We're alone," Hermione announced disappointedly.

They settled in the living room for the night, exhausted from the day's events. They had awoken at just the brink of dawn, Ellie finding that Harry and Ron were gone. Hermione sat next to Ellie, rubbing over her forehead lovingly.

"Good morning, beautiful," Hermione whispered as she placed a kiss on Ellie's forehead. "How'd you sleep?

Ellie's lips curled into a smile at the sight as she slowly rose to sit up, her arms naturally moving to embrace Hermione's waist.

"I slept okay. You?" Ellie replied, her voice raspy. Ellie had a happy tone in her voice, which was rare, considering the Hufflepuff wasn't a morning person. Hermione made a mental note to wake her girlfriend with a kiss in the future.

"Fantastic," Hermione grinned as she quickly pecked Ellie's lips, making the Hufflepuff smile even wider.

"Harry? Ellie? Hermione, where are you?" Ron's voice called out from afar. "I think I've found something.

The lovers rolled their eyes synchronously, clearly bothered by the disruption of their alone-time. Hermione helped Ellie stand to her feet as she followed the sound of Ron's voice. Now with Harry, the four of them stared at a disheveled room, seeming to be upturned.