18.

Giselle

Waiting by the door once I'd received a text from Abir, saying that he was down the street, I waited for him to pull up. As soon as I saw his car, I walked out of my the house and made my way toward it.

"What's up, ma? I'm about to park and shit then I'm gon' come in." He told me, furrowing his eyebrows.

"No." I shook my head, opening the passenger side door and getting into the car.

"Let's just go to your house or something, Abir. I need to talk to you." I spat to him, trying to stay sane but it was far too late.

He could clearly tell I was pissed.

"Why?"

"The fuck I do to you now, G?" He asked obviously confused, while I sat there, trying to collect my thoughts so I wouldn't get too angry while I was pulling out these receipts.

"Just tell me truth, okay?" I started, looking over to him.

"Did you really go and handle business or were you out with another girl, Abir?" I cut the bullshit, making him look at me.

"What?" He spat, looking into my eyes and it made me so upset because I was beginning to think it was true.

"Bro, stop-" He started but stopped, scoffing hard as he put his car in park.

"What is you saying to me?" He spoke through gritted teeth and I went on to ask again.

"Were you with another girl tonight before you came back here?" I asked him and he just stared at me blankly.

"G, stop playin' with me." He shook his head simply, stepping out of the car.

When he did, I did the same, making my way back into my grandma's house and up the stairs with him hot on my trail.

"Who you been talking to now?" He asked as we walked into my room and he closed the door behind him.

"Huh?" He went, leaning up against the wall.

"What bitch could I have possibly been with, Giselle?" He snapped, obviously fed up but so was I.

I was so tired of hearing things and I was tired of people sending pictures and videos of him.

"It's been a month. Everybody know that you back in town and know that we gon' through our shit."

"So what bitch could I possibly be with, bro?" He looked at me with an irritated face.

Staying quiet, I pulled my phone out and decided that I would just show him the picture that was sent to me. There was no reason to beat around the bush anymore.

All of this was beginning to feel stupid.

Lift my phone up, I simply showed him the picture and he stared at it blankly before reverting his eyes to me. I watched his reaction just to see if he would look guilty but he didn't.

If anything he made me feel stupid for being upset.

"Who sent you that?" He asked nonchalantly.

"One of your fake ass friends?" He asked, furrowing his eyebrows angrily.

"It doesn't matter who sent it, I just want to know what's going on." I expressed to him and he scoffed before pushing himself off of the wall then stood up straight.

"Let me ask you something, G." He chuckled, looking down at the floor.

"You believe that shit?"