Chapter 73: It's Over

My eyes fall down to my shoulder, where I see dark crimson bleeding into the black fabric of my dress. My arm is numb and the pain emanating from the wound, throbs like a heartbeat. I try to wiggle my fingers, but am only met with more pain and anguish.

He shot me.

Harry shot me.

I look back up to where he stands. His eyes hold so much emotion - Too much. He stares at me with such burning hatred and passionate anger. His nostrils flare as he notices I'm not as dead as he hoped I'd be.

Matteo looks at me, before lifting his gun and firing it at Harry, however it's too late. Harry's bolted out the back entrance of the tent.

More gunshots are let loose, and the tent becomes the battlefield it was intended to be.

My mothers cold body lies but metres from my fathers coffin, her arms are splayed out in the direction of it - As if she were reaching for him.

I choke out a sob and wince at the pain which is becoming stronger by the second within my arm.

"Stay low!" Someone's voice yells - Though I have no idea as to who. Everyone sounds the same at the moment, and with my eyes downcast at the floor, I'm not too sure as to where anyone is.

I can hear cries of pain, and I look back to the tent door where I find more men running inside, both Harry's and ours.

But I don't fail to notice that no one has gone after Harry.

I grip the gun within my hand and attempt to crawl to the end of the aisle or chair, all while clutching my arm. No one notices me as I hide behind the long chairs, and I'm grateful for the shelter.

Once I reach the end, I shuffle until I'm standing behind a large bouquet of sorts, filled with hundreds of white roses, splattered with red.

I don't have time to see where everyone else is, before I find a loose flap on the tent, and slip through undetected.

As soon as my skin is touched by the cool air, I feel a sense of relief. No longer burdened with the weight of death and murder. The wind pushes me away from the structure, encouraging me to keep going, to find Harry, and kill him.

The fields of tombstones are shrouded in a thick layer of mist, cloaking the graveyard in an eerie calm. Everywhere is empty, and I don't even see any guards. There's no one out here - Why is there no one out here?

I don't have time for this, to worry about what could happen. I need to find Harry before he's out of my reach. I need to end this once and for all.

Checking one last time, I step out into the exposed open, and follow Harry's shadow into the mist. I don't look back, and run as fast as I can, making sure that the gun is firmly gripped within my hand.

My feet trudge lazily against the grassy plain, as I begin to feel the full amount of pain from the bullet lodged firmly within my shoulder. Pulling my hand away, I stare at the blood coating my palm like paint. I'm losing a lot of blood.

I follow Harry's figure until it disappears completely and I am left alone, with nothing but the fog to protect me. In the distance I can hear the echo of shots, penetrating the silence, followed by screams and men yelling.

A gunshot goes off within metres of me, and I feel it cut through the air just inches away from me.

I spin to find the direction that it came from, and see a fleeting shadow of a figure.

I hold the gun up, ready to fire at any instance.

Another gunshot goes off, and I feel it graze against the outside of my arm. "Fuck." I whisper as I momentarily drop the gun to grab at my arm.