𝐋𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐨𝐫 𝐇𝐨𝐬𝐭 (𝟓)

Pairings: Not Applicable
Warnings: Violence
Pronouns: They/Them

——————————

"Okay, remember guys..." Austin announced to the people that remained in the call. He had moved Tommy and Tubbo out since their time to shine had passed, so it reverted back to (Y/n) with the rest of the contestants. "After this elimination, we're going to have six people left..."

"What?" A few of them exclaimed.

"Wh- I thought that we had eight players?!" Dream stammered.

"Yeah!" Techno cut in, "We eliminate one person each round, right...?"

"Well, usually we would..." Austin murmured. "But to make things interesting, we decided to go for two instead."

"Why do you keep trying to make it interesting?" Sapnap questioned aloud.

"Because it's fun that way." He chuckled.

"Yeah guys, get more into the game." Eret shone a sly grin towards everybody else in the call, which was sort of poorly received. Dream rolled his eyes behind his switched-off camera and Karl shot him a strange glance, one that looked sort of uncomfortable.

"Wait- so (Y/n) had to pick two people to take out..?" Niki hummed quietly under her breath, though it was obvious that she was a little nervous in front of the camera.

"Believe me, it wasn't easy." They grumbled.

"That's right, Niki!" Austin chimed. "Would you guys like to know who they chose?"

"Not particularly, no..." Wilbur stretched his lip to the corner before clicking his tongue under the suspense. He seemed pretty chill, despite being under the threat of being kicked. It was a one in eight chance. He had to hope that his answers had been received well.

"Well, I'll be announcing it anyway!" He chortled back. "Uh, Niki," his eyes darted over to her screen. Her heart stopped for a second. "I can always count on you for a drum roll, right?"

Nihachu exhaled deeply, sighing a heaved breath of relief as she held her chest.

"Oh course..!" She panted. "Oh my God, I thought you were about to say I got voted out..."

"We'll see after the drum roll..!"

Niki nodded and moved forward in her seat to begin drumming her fingertips and palms against the end of her wooden desk, the quick tapping creating a little drum roll. To build up the suspense, Eret joined in, and soon Alex and Karl before it had all just became a collective band of drumming.

"The first person (Y/n) chose was..!" Austin paused to build up the suspense, "Sapnap!"

(Y/n) shyly looked away from the camera so they didn't have to catch his sorrowful glance. Sapnap didn't seem too disappointed, he just gave them a kind smile before looking back towards the others.

"Sapnap, anything to say before you leave?" Austin questioned him.

"Nope, not really..." He mumbled, tapping his hands on the armrests of his chair. "...But, uh... just wanted to say thank you for having me here..." He gave a little thumbs up to (Y/n). "And, (Y/n), I hope you end up with the person you're looking for."

"Aw," (Y/n) beamed softly. "Thank you, Sapnap."

"And are you ready to see what he picked?" The voice called out to them. They tilted their lip before nodding simply.