An Opportunity Arises

**** Thursday, February 20, 2020****

"That's it! I have filled out countless applications for different jobs, and I don't get a call back, I am officially jinxed," you tell your friend, Elena over a cup of tea at her loft. "I'm sure you'll get a call back soon", she replies. "Well I am running out of options Elena, and quite frankly patience. Do you know anyone hiring?"

Elena sits back in her chair, taking a sip from her cup, and smiles and says, "well there is something I've heard..." You jump up out of excitement, "Tell me!"

"You know I am the personal assistant to Benedict Cumberbatch, right" Elena says. Of course you knew, if there's one thing Elena loves to do is brag about how she knows Benedict Cumberbatch and "hangs out with stars all the time". "You might have mentioned it, one, maybe a million times", you say laughing.

Elena smirks as she replies, "Well I overheard one of his conversations and you'll never guess who is looking to hire their own PA..." You demand, "tell me who!".

Elena pauses and says as she peers over her cup, "Tom Hiddleston".

Your heart seemed to pause...You've had a crush on Tom Hiddleston since you were in high school when you saw "Thor" in 2011.

"Girl, an opportunity likes this doesn't appear often and I know you like LIKE him", Elena taunts. "How can I possibly even apply I don't know the man" you answer back.

"Don't worry about that I got your back. I'll let my boss know that I have a potential candidate for his friend's PA position and hype you up. I know you'll get an interview," Elena assures you.

****Friday, February, 21, 2020****

The next morning, you receive a call from an unfamiliar number...

"Hello" you answer as you answer the call

You hear a sultry English accent on the other end of the line...

"Good morning is this (y/n)?"

You couldn't believe your ears...that is Tom Hiddleston's voice on the phone, and he is calling your number! "Is this a dream?" you wonder to yourself. You remain quiet as you are still trying to process what just happened.

"Hello??" the voice on the phone says.

As you regain consciousness, "um yes sorry, this is Y/n".

"This is Tom Hiddleston, and I heard from a dear friend of mine that you are a great candidate for the PA position I am enquiring about. Would you be available for a early afternoon interview today?"