Crisp

~~~

Kuru growled in annoyance as he looked at the trio in front of him. "You know, you 3 are quite arrogant trying to face against me. Have you forgotten that I'm a jonin of Iwagakure?" He asked with a smirk.

They scoffed with a grunt right after.

"We're not afraid of someone who brags about their rank. Unless if you're a Kage of a village, just shut up and fall off a cliff." Reisha says in a aggressive tone. Kuru continued to look smug.

"You're not afraid? A few hours ago, you all were cowering in fear." Kuru remarked as the 3 continued to march forward. He was letting his guard down against children.

"The irony in this situation. You say we're acting all arrogant, but look at you — being so full of yourself." Runa told Kuru as she slightly rolled her eyes at him.

"Arrogant? Me? I would disagree. I would call this just me being confident." Kuru as he slowly pulled out a kunai from his holster. Jun scowled right at him.

"Right. . . and Reisha isn't an asshole. See? I'm spreading false information. Just like what you are currently doing." Jun fired back. He could feel the anger emit from Reisha's body.

"Shut up. You're lucky we're going to be fighting this buffoon. I would've beaten your ass if we weren't going to pummel him to the fucking ground." Glared Reisha as they aggravatingly walked towards Kuru.

"Pummel me to the ground? I would love to see you 3 try to even attempt such a thing." Kuru said as he started to slowly pick up his pace towards the 3. He stopped right in front of them.

The 3 tensed up.

"Your arrogance never ceases to amaze me." Runa says with a glare towards Kuru. Each second that past, Kuru was letting down his guard more and more and more. He was practically relaxing in front of them.

But, they'll show him.

"Like what I said — this is not arrogance, it's merely just me being confident in my abilities." Kuru said in an arrogant manner. They scoffed right at him. "You're just like any old jonin.Just shut up." Jun said with anger.

"You're only confident in your skills because you're facing genin." Reisha said as they glared at Kuru. It was a good a moment for them to execute their plan.

His guard has lowered to the point where he shouldn't be able to catch this. But, it was an absolute gamble. A bead of sweat dropped towards the ground as the 3 saw a kunai fly behind towards Kuru.

As the kunai closed in on Kuru, the smirk that has been on his face since the start grew even wider. Their eyes widened as Kuru quickly turned around and caught the kunai that was aimed towards him.

"You think I would fall for such a shitty trick like this? Absolutely not!" Yelled Kuru as he held the kunai in his hand tightly. How dare they underestimate him.

"Yes. You have already fell for the trap, Kuru-san." Runa said as she lodged the kunai that she had onto Kuru's back. Without any hesitation, she dragged the kunai down and created a very huge gash on his back.

Kuru widened his eyes from the pain as blood spilled onto the floor. He fell to the ground as he gasped from the pain he had. To ensure that Kuru wouldn't do anything, Jun and Reisha stabbed his leg.

That should put him out of commission for a bit.

"How does it feel? Terrible? You fell for such an obvious trap." Jun said smugly as he glared down towards Kuru. It felt good to be taking down a jonin-level opponent.