𝟑𝟓

a/n: Charlotte's outfit for the chapter is above!

☆═━ 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘 𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄 ━═☆

Charlotte sighed, picking on another nail as she stared at the gift box on her bed from Paulina. Some part of her was excited to know what lied inside but another part wanted to dumb it in the basket can and never think of it again.

She voted for none of the above and shook her head at herself, "C'mon, Char...it's just a box."

She walked over to her bed, pulling the diary Elena gave to her yesterday from her nightstand drawer. Charlotte grabbed a pen from her pencil case and started.

Dear Paulina,

I don't hate you. I will never be able to. I guess when you spend so much time loving someone...losing them becomes like losing a part of yourself and I will never be ready for that.

For years, my morals kept me going. My beliefs that everyone deserves a second chance, deserves to be heard, no matter how far we go. We aren't angels and we are allowed to make mistakes. None of us is God to decide which mistake is forgivable and which is not.

I will always forgive you, Paulina. You are my best friend and I will stand by you through everything but sometimes, I just need you to hear my side of the story. I have changed. I need you to understand that I am not that naive girl that you always stood up for.

I am a different new Charlotte and I like this version of me. That version makes mistakes, tries hard, and that version isn't forced to live by anyone's perspectives.

Charlotte let out a long sigh, put her pencil down, closed her diary before rising to her feet, and walking out of the room. She descended downstairs, running a hand through her hair as she adjusted her bag on her shoulder.

The brunette raised an eyebrow as she was met with Andie Star, "Hello...aren't you the News lady?"

She put her jacket on before offering Charlotte her hand to shake, "Andie Star, yes. Nice to meet you," Charlotte shook her hand back before the news lady asked, "And you are...Damon's sister?"

Charlotte was about to say no, remembering that she resided in his and Stefan's house, that needed an explanation. She didn't struggle long with an answer as her eyes landed on the bandage over Andie's neck, "Oh...I am just a guest."