ARC 15 : DEATH CYCLE

Chapter 218: Death Cycle (XVI)

The first operation of the Shadowmoon Mercenary Group did not go well, and only half of them returned alive the next day. Even with experts like Huo Xuan and Zuo Xian, they were unable to kill the general-level zombie with spatial abilities, mainly because someone revealed their whereabouts in the middle of the operation, which triggered a zombie riot and led to the failure of the operation.

Everyone returned wounded. Shang Ke and two other members who had stayed behind during the operation helped prepare food and water and treat the wounded.

“Fuck! That group of trash! I really wish I could throw in a bomb and destroy their nest.” A mercenary raved as he smashed a fist down on the table.

“It just had to be a spatial zombie of all things. In his domain, a bomb is useless.”

“Zuo Xian.” Bai Mu turned to him, “Even you can’t find that zombie?”

With a gloomy face, Zuo Xian shook his head. At the same time, he was confused. Why did he not see Huo Xuan the whole time? He should be nearby.

Bai Mu solemnly continued, “Our present situation isn’t hopeful. We have to find that general-level zombie, otherwise, even if we do kill all the other zombies it would be useless.”

A spatial zombie didn’t have strong offense skills, but the problem was that no one was able to pull him out of the numerous cracks in space. What was even more troublesome was that if he chose to abandon the city and run away, the mission would be a complete failure.

Shang Ke walked to Huo Xuan’s side with the medicine box in his hand, a question in his eyes: The strongest man on earth actually couldn’t even handle a general-level zombie?

Huo Xuan returned his look with calmness, then held his arm out in front of him.

Shang Ke looked at it. Although it was bloodstained, there wasn’t even a scratch. Shang Ke gave him a sidelong glance, took out a syringe, and prepared to give him a tetanus shot, but the needle couldn’t pierce through his skin and was bent right over.

Shang Ke : Is it really okay to have such thick skin?

Huo Xuan seemed to realize something, shook the muscles in his arm. Then leaned in and whispered, “Try again.”

Shang Ke was speechless : You even withdrew your sword body defense, do you like injections that much?!

Huo Xuan certainly didn’t like needles, but as long as a certain someone was happy about it he would do it.

Shang Ke decided it was better not to waste medicine on him, picked up the medical box, and walked towards another wounded man.

The mercenaries had fought all night, and were physically exhausted. So after a discussion, they went to rest.

Huo Xuan secretly sent a message to Zuo Xian using his original identity, asking him to inform the mercenaries to take cover for a while until he found the general-level zombie.

“I’m going to be away for a while, so make sure to be careful” Huo Xuan purposely left a message for Shang Ke, and hurriedly left without alerting the others.

Shang Ke wasn’t worried about his safety, he just felt that his attitude towards himself was a bit odd. He didn’t ask about the events of that night, but with his memory, he might remember something.

After the night shift, Shang Ke went back to his room and flopped down on his bed.

Half asleep and half awake, he felt a weight on his body followed by his lips and breath being taken away. Two large hands slid on his skin, and the cold touch made him shiver.