Heroes and Monsters

Bury The Light (Male Faunus!Vergil!Reader x Pyrrha Nikos)

Part 17

Meanwhile at Team RWBY's dorm room, Dante and Yang look out the window to see that Beacon is now under attack.

Dante:"We have to go. Now."

Yang nods as Dante grabs Ebony and Ivory from a desk and they head out,running in the hallway. Then, Dante's Scroll began to ring and he picked it up.

Dante:"Blake?"

Blake:"Dante? Yang? Are you guys okay?"

Dante:"We're fine. Are (Y/N) and Ruby with you? Neither of them are answering our Scrolls."

Blake:"No she isn't. I'm sure she's fine. She's our leader. She can take care of herself."

Yang:"Right..."

Dante:"We're heading to the docks near the courtyard. The White Fang are releasing Grimm into the school!"

Blake:"The White Fang is here!? Dante!"

Dante:"Ugh, sorry! Gotta go! Careful out there! Contact (Y/N) if you can!"

Dante hangs up.

Dante:"Let's go,Yang."

Back at the Amity Colisseum, the Nevermore screeches as it continues to weaken the force field that's keeping it from getting in.

Warning Announcer:"Warning: Safety Barriers Failing."

Ruby stays kneeling on the ground with her head down, her expression in a mixture of shock and sadness. (Y/N) grits his teeth, his expression filled with anger. As the Nevermore circles around the colosseum, Pyrrha struggles to stand as she looks in shock at the torn apart Penny Polendina.

(Y/N) looks up and gasps as he rushes towards the battlefield,unsheathing Yamato.

(Y/N):"PYRRHA!!  Pyrrha,you've got to move!"

Jaune jumps from the stands into the arena and rushes to her as well.

(Y/N)/Nora:"Jaune!"

Jaune:"Pyrrha, please snap out of it!"

Suddenly, the Nevermore completely breaks through the holographic barrier, and the force of it landing on the arena floor knocks back Jaune, Pyrrha, and the pieces of Penny. The Nevermore screeches and lunges towards Pyrrha.

Just in time, (Y/N) teleports in front of the Nevermore and took his stance.

(Y/N):"Eviscerate!"

(Y/N) then decapitates the Nevermore which then falls to the ground,dead. He took a deep breath as he sheathes Yamato back. (Y/N) looks over to the teary-eyed Pyrrha who ran up to him and hugged him tightly as she cried.

He hugs her back and comforts her. They soon pulled away as Ruby walks to them.

Pyrrha:" Ruby, I..I'm so sorry."

Ruby:" Me too. But it wasn't your fault."

Pyrrha:"Huh?"

(Y/N):"She's right,Pyrrha."

He then picks up her spear and shield.

(Y/N):"Whoever was on that microphone... they're the ones that did this. And we have to make sure they don't take anyone else."