*✧・゚*:༅Chapter 21༅*:✼✿

A/n

wee woo wee woo its the cringe police here to warn you about potential upcoming cringe <3

Will Mr dre finally make a move?

or will you make the move?

dun dun dun stay tuned to find out-

looks like you have stayed :D

Y/n first person pov

Clay and I walked towards my apartment, the peacefulness of the scenery started seeping in. It was a beautiful sight yet what my eyes had been laying on most of the time was Clay...

I am so surprised he didn't catch me looking at him but I couldn't blame him, everything around us was just mesmerising and it calmed me down so much. But was the scenery really what was calming me down?...

Deep down Im just confused... I've only known him for less than 2 weeks yet I can't help but wonder... was he just a friend to me? No no what was I thinking, of course Clay's just a friend. Nothing more, nothing less.....

Usually we would talk to each other non-stop whenever we could but this time, it was pure silence between us. It was an unnerving silence but for some reason, the moment I would feel the slightest bit of uncomfort, every bit of it would drain away in an instant. Though it was strange, I didn't question it much. It made me feel at ease and relaxed which definitely helped with the current situation and settle on the decision that it was 100% time to tell Clay everything. Everything.

When we finally reached my apartment, I tried raising my hand to press the level 9 button yet I felt that I was holding onto something?...

I lifted my hand up a little and saw it intertwined with the hand of another. I looked up at Clay, then back to our hands, then back at Clay, then back to the hands before I felt my entire body burning up and my face turning extremely red.

"AKDSHGH S-SORRY I DIDN'T REALIZE." I stammered loudly which made Clay laugh.

"You don't seem to mind though." He smirked at me before he pressed the floor 9 button followed by the 'close doors 'button.

I was so flustered and just embarrassed. How could he say things like that so smoothly and casually?? Or was it just me?

When we got into my apartment, I closed the door and went to get a cup of water as Clay placed our dinner on the kitchen counter.

"C'mon Clay, you wanted to know about my relationship with Liam right?" I said as I walked towards my room with the cup of water in my hand.

He followed me to my room with no further questions asked and just a simple nod.

I sat down on my comfortable bed and patted the spot next to me, signalling for Clay to come sit by my side. He got the hint and plumped himself right next to me, however a little more closer than I had expected.

"Liam he..." I paused for a short while to gather my thoughts. I've never told anyone, not even my parents what Liam had done to me but I just felt like I had this obligation to tell Clay and him only, no one else.

"Y/n if you're uncomfortable with talking about it, we don't have to you know?" Clay said ever so considerate of my feelings which made me happy.

"No, it's fine, you asked so I'll answer..." I took a deep breath. 

"Liam is my abusive ex." I finally did it. This giant weight that had been on my chest was lifted just like that. I felt so much better finally telling someone but remembering everything he had done to me, I couldn't help but start tearing up again.

Clay first person pov

"Liam is my abusive ex." y/n said quietly, before her eyes started welling up and tears began to fall slowly down her cheeks.

"A-abusive? Y/n just what did he do to you?" I was mad, furious. I couldn't explain why but hearing that ticked me off real bad. I just suddenly had the urge to choke the shit out of him if I ever came across his disgusting face.

"H-he..." Y/n paused again and drank some water before continuing,

"He would beat me up when he was drunk, always calling me things like a useless whore or a fucking bitch. And he constantly yelled at me whenever I didn't do things the way he wanted along with smashing my things and glass when he felt like it.." she said sadly, more tears began flowing down her face as she looked down at the floor.

Without another word, I hugged her tightly, catching her off guard. I can't imagine the burden she had been carrying all this time, the pain and suffering she had been through. All those horrible thoughts that her small body had to carry around and still being able to smile and make those around her happy...

"Y/n I cannot imagine what you have been through but I will always be here for you. I promise even in the toughest of times I will stay by your side no matter what. I'll swear my life on it."

She dropped the empty cup onto her bed and hugged me back.

"Y-you promise?"

"I promise..."

She started crying, no longer trying to hold back her tears and emotions in front of me. She tightly held onto the back of my shirt, shaking a little.

"T-thank you Clay, no one was ever been this kind to me before, I'm just so, so happy. You, make me happy..." She said between sniffs.

I could feel my heartbeat increasing. I knew then, it was my turn to make her happy. 

"Im glad I could make you happy y/n... I really am,"

I promise I will stay by your side but first,

I had some unfinished business.

Liam....

You better watch your back

If you value your life

A/n

uh oh things ain't looking good for Liam he better have the hospital on speed dial because our man Clay gonna show him what a bad time is. ehehe I can't wait to write about the process of how Liam is going to end up in the ER >:)

Thank you for reading chapter 21! I hope you enjoyed it ><

Hope everyone stays healthy and has a great day/night <3