Confessions

"Sorry? No calls, no messages. I waited for you for so long but did you even checked how am I? No. You played your game to gain sympathy and as far as I know, an officer is not afraid of blood."

"This is your anger that is speaking. Your heart still beats for me. Just accept it."

"What do you have to do with it? Be happy with your life and try not to interfere in my life. And yes, I love you. Love you so much that even if I try, I can't hate you," I started crying and he pulled me in his embrace.

"Please stop it princess, you know it hurts."

"Hurts? Do you even know what hurt means?", I forcefully hit his hard broad chest before he made me sit on the chair.

"I love you too Sakshi. I know what I did that day was wrong. I should have trusted our relation even more, but we can't change the past right?", he looked me in my eyes, driving my soul crazy. "Everyday I shouted 'Don't leave me, don't leave me here. Turn the footprints of your heart back', but you also never came."

"If you really did then why didn't you made any effort to contact me?"

"I didn't knew where you live in this diverse country. I tried contacting you a lot of times but your number was changed. Now you only tell me, what should I do?"

I stayed quiet and let him continue his explanation.

"You are my earth. I am just a moon to you. Your little star that lights up in your heart, you are my earth and all I see is you. The only thing I could do is to gaze at you like this. Though everyone says I am beautiful, but my sea is all black. A star where flowers bloom and the sky in blue, you are the truly beautiful one."

"In the crescent moon light, even if I close my eyes, you come to me. In the full moon light, would it be okay if I open my eyes and contain you in them?", I said and he smiled. His eyes are sparkling like glass marbles.

"You are still beautiful princess. Just hold me silently like you did that day, that time. The reason I survived in hell, it's for you, it was not for me. If you know, don't hesitate and please save my life. I am thirsty, wandering in this desert for the search of an oasis. So hurry and grab me quickly. I know, the sea without you is the same as a desert."

"The eternal night with no end insight, it's you who gifted me the morning."

"I didn't even have a name until I met you. You gave me your love and now have become my reason," he said.

"Like your cookie, we are still the same. I know everything about you. We gotta trust each other. Now forget, more than the plain 'thank you', you and me have decided not to fight tomorrow, for real."

"Even in the bright day and in the dark night, you who stay by my side. Even when I'm sad or hurt, you simply shine on me. Rather than saying any word or thanking you, I'll stay by your side, in the pitch black night, way more brightly," he touched the back of his hair, "by the way you are really a good cook."

"Really?"

"Yes. That day, when I was on my way back home, I found your gift in the backseat."

"I thought you will throw it away."

"At first, I wanted to do the same, sorry! But when I opened it, my eyes couldn't control from tearing up. I couldn't believe that you actually did, for me. It was the chocolate cookie that I once asked you to make for me. To be true, food that taste awful are made by people we love. But when they are gone, it will be the most delicious food you will ever taste. There was also a piece of paper attached to it."

"So you remember?"

"Of course. It was a poem that you wrote for me and that was also a request by me on that sleep over."