Chapter 17

The day before the wedding

"Emilyn, if I'm not wrong. You are going to accompany Christopher to a wedding, right?" Grandma Lou asked.

"Yeah," Emilyn answered munching on a chip watching the tv.

"Have you got your outfit ready?"

"Outfit, oh no. I didn't" Emilynstood up from the couch and close the chip bag. "Thanks for reminding me." She rushes into her room to look for something nice to wear. Going through every formal wear dress in her closet, but can't pick anything to wear. Emilyn groaned in defeat.

"Ana!" She shouted, Emilyn grab her phone from her pocket and call her. Ana is the only one who can help Emilyn now. Ana told her that she will come over in 25 minutes.

25 minutes late, Ana announces her entrance when she walks into Emilyn's bedroom."I'm here," "Let me see." She walks towards Emilyn's closet. After going through Emilyn's closet, Ana pulled out a dark blue dress with a decorative pattern on the skirt. The bottom is slightly poofy but not too much and is sleeveless(Picture above, don't mind the model is about the dress.)

"Wow, I didn't know I have this." Emilyn stares at the dress.

"I bought this for you, a few years ago, and it is hidden at the back of your closet," Ana said. "You wore it before."

"This is so beautiful." Emilyn traces the pattern of the skirt with her fingers.

"Try it on." Ana pushes the dress towards Emilyn

Emilyn walks out of her room and change into the bathroom, "I'm ready." Emilyn told Ana before entering her bedroom.

"Wow." Ana looks at Emilyn and smiles. "You look amazing." She gushed. "Christopher won't be able to keep his eyes off you." Emilyn shakes her head and chuckle.

Emilyn walks towards her closet's full-length mirror and stares at the image in the mirror. This girl in the mirror, she doesn't recognize who is that girl staring back at her.

"So, what do you think?" Ana stand next to Emilyn.

"I can't recognize myself. Is this really me?" Emilyn asked.

"Of course, who do you think it is." Ana slapped lightly on her arm. "I told you so many times that you are extremely gorgeous, but you never listen."

"I'm going to change." Emilyn heads into the bathroom to change back to her regular clothes, after she came back into the room; she hands it nicely on a hanger and places it back into the closet.

"Do you need help for tomorrow?" Ana asked sitting on the edge of the bed.

"Definitely," Emilyn reply. "Want to stay over?" She asked.

"Of course." Ana smiled. "I can't wait for tomorrow." She squeals and Emilyn rolled her eyes at Ana.

"Here, I got some clothes for you to change in." Emilyn passes her the clothes.

"Thanks." Ana took the clothes and heads into the bathroom to change.

***

"Good Morning." Ana and Emilyn greet Grandma Lou in the kitchen.

"Good morning girls." Grandma Lou greets back. "I'm making some pancakes, you girls have to wait for a while."

"Grandma, have you taken your medicine?" Emilyn asked, pulling out three glasses and pour some orange juice into them.

"Yes, I did. You don't have to remind me every day, I don't have amnesia."

"Sorry, I just want to make sure," Emilyn told her.