20.

Giselle

"Thank you for driving me home, Ash." I said to Ashley as she let me out of her car.

"No problem, boo." She said to me before waiting until I got in the house to pull off.

When I walked in, I heard my grandma in the kitchen so I quickly made my way upstairs and went to Mila's room.

Slowly walking in, I watched as she looked up from her phone and rolled her eyes hard at me.

"Mila, I'm so sorry." I cried to her and shook her head as I walked over, hugging her as tight as I could.

"I let them fake ass bitches get into my head and now everything is falling apart behind this shit."

"You, Abir.." I trailed off as the room went silent and we slowly let each other go while I waited for what she would say to me.

"You know I can't stay mad at you, GG." She finally spoke, making me feel 100% better.

"But I'm calling you out on your shit, you was being dumb as hell and you let them girls make you make a fool out of yourself." She went on and I nodded in agreement because she was right.

I did let them make a fool out of me, they were acting mad pretending as if we were friends but we really weren't.

I should've known that.

"Now what happened?" She asked curiously and I shook my head, telling her the full story of what went down tonight.

"What?" She snapped once I'd told her exactly what happened.

"Mila, where-" Lani and Angel came busting into the room.

"GG, what the fuck just happened with you at Asia party?" They both snapped at me while Angel was on the phone with someone, who was obviously in attendance at the party and telling her everything.

"Who was you fighting?" Lani asked seriously and I shook my head, giving them the full story as well.

"Oh."

"So both Kayla and Asia set this up and was laughing about it? Watching yall' fight?" They all asked me and I nodded while Lani said nothing else, walking out of the room and Angel told whoever was on the phone that she was about to come around there.

"I'm going to." Mila said as she hopped up from the bed and began to get dressed.

When she did, I began to do the same as Angel walked out of the room to go get dressed too.

I made my way to my room and I put on something more comfortable than the dress I'd currently had on. I knew that my cousins didn't play and we definitely weren't going back there to sing kumbaya.

So I was getting myself ready for anything.

As I did, I heard loud yelling, making me stop in my tracks.

"Mila, Lani, Angel and Giselle!" I heard my Auntie Tee yell up the staircase and I sighed deeply, feeling caught before I put my sneakers all the way on and walked out of my room while I saw my cousins doing the same.

"Who the fuck snitched?" Angel whisper-yelled as she looked at Mila and Mila flagged her off as we all made our way downstairs.

When we did, I saw my grandma, my auntie, Tone, Kann and Abir all sitting down in the living room. I stood there nervously under everybody's gaze now before my auntie opened her mouth to speak.

"GG, you was out here fighting?" She asked me as everybody looked at me.

"N-"

"Gon' ahead and lie to me if you want to." She spoke up before I could even get my words out and I sighed deeply, deciding to say nothing.

Looking down at the floor, everybody continued to watch me before Tone spoke up.

"Look, I ain't even know what the fuck gon' on but G you know I don't even play bout' you so was you out here fighting or not? And do I need to put hands on anybody that was around instigating that shit?" He spat.

"Exactly." Lani and Angel nodded, agreeing with him .

"Mama, she was only fighting because she was set up and she was put in that position." Mila spoke.

"Them girls that she was hanging around brought her around a girl that she had beef with about some other shit."

"Exactly, that's the only reason. I didn't plan on going to this party to fight." I admitted and my mom mom shook her head at me.

"So these girls that's supposedly your friends did this?" My auntie went on saying and I heard Abir mumble something under his breath but I ignored him, keeping my focus on my auntie.

"I warned you about them girls, GG." She went on preaching while I nodded in agreement.

"I know, auntie. I know."

"And now you got everybody ready to die about you over some petty shit that could've been avoided." She went on, slowly looking from me to my cousins.

"All y'all go upstairs. Ain't nobody going nowhere to fight nobody." She spat to them and they all smacked their lips, saying things back to her.

"I don't think it was a damn debate." My mom mom spat, making everybody look at her as she held a mean mug on her face.

"Go upstairs. Nobody's going anywhere tonight." She spoke, putting her foot down and they sighed before they all made their way up the steps. Doing as told.

When they did, I watched as my auntie looked at me one last time before putting her focus on Abir. She then looked at me again before walking off all together. My mom mom ended up doing the same before Kann and Tone followed suit, walking out of the house.

Leaving us in the living room alone, I stood there under his gaze for a while before he finally stood to his feet and nodded his head toward the door.

"Let's go." He spoke sternly.

*