•C H A P T E R 18•

"What... how do yo— it's not possible. Jimin is my soulmate." I say in disbelief not taking my eyes off of Hyunjin's number.

"I don't know how this happened." He seems a bit sad or something looking at his reaction.

"I actually came back here when I turned 18 last March," he continues making my head snap up. "I wanted to come back to see you, but when I went up to your house, my number was at 0. I didn't know how you would react and I didn't want to just lay it all on you, so I freaked out and ran back to my hotel." He sighs looking at his number again.

We stay silent as I try to think of how this could happen. "How do you know it's not, like, my brother? Or what if one of our friends here now was at my house at that time?"

"Then why don't you drive a few miles away and we can see if my number changes."

I raise an eyebrow. That's actually a good idea. It's not like it's going to work anyways, my soulmate is Jimin. It's impossible for mine to be anyone else.

I nod and we walk downstairs.

"Hey i'm gonna get a few things from the gas station, anyone want anything?" I ask trying to make up an excuse for leaving.

"No, I think we're all good," Namjoon says.

I nod and head out.

A 5 minutes later, I arrive to the gas station and FaceTime Hyunjin once i've parked.

He answers and shows me his number which has now changed to 2.

"What the hell..." I stare at it in even more disbelief. "How is this happening? Is there a glitch or something?"

He sighs. "Come back. We can look it up or something. We'll figure it out."

I nod and hang up starting my car to go back to the house.

When I walk in, Jimin looks at me confused. "Didn't you leave to get something?" he asks seeing my empty hands.

"Oh, yeah I didn't find what I was looking for." I then look at Hyunjin and motion for him to follow me. He walks with me to the back patio and I close the door.

He brings out his phone and shows me an article.

"It says here that there's a number we can call if we run into something like this."

It seems a little sketchy since there not like a customer service for this, but it's worth a shot.

I type the number into my phone and press the call button. When I hear the person pick up the phone, I put it on speaker so Hyunjin can hear it also.

"Hello, how can I help?" the lady on the phone asks.

"Oh hi! I have a problem with my soulmate number system thingy." My voice is shaky for some reason. Maybe i'm nervous to find out what's happening?

"Alrighty, whats the problem?"

"Uh, you see, my soulmate found me. Whenever we're with each other, our numbers are at 0. But my friend here moved back here and his number is at 0 when he's with me."

We hear the girl typing on a keyboard and clicking a pen.

"Have you tried making sure it's you for both people?"

I hum answering the question and she continues typing.

"Ah, so actually everyone has about 3 soulmates. It's not so common to really run into more than one soulmate, but it does happen. And that seems to have happened to you! Congrats! It really is hard to find even one soulmate. All you have to do is decide. Good luck!"

I stare at the phone in shock. I have to choose? "Oh, uhm, thank you.." I say then hang up.

"Y/n..?" Hyunjin asks.

I slowly look up at him. "Yeah?"

He slightly smiles at me and strokes my face. "It's okay if you choose Jimin. He came from thousands of miles away for you—"

"But so did you..." I interrupt. I realize everything and hang my head low. "You moved back here for me."

He hugs me and we stand there in silence. My eyes start tearing up out of pressure and fear. "I don't know what to do, Hyunjin."

He rubs my back. "It'll be alright. You don't have to choose right away. Plus, me and Jimin have two other soulmates. Don't you worry, cinnabon."

Honestly, I miss when he'd call me those silly little nicknames even when we weren't dating. I miss him. But I love Jimin... what do I do?

Em opens the patio door with a drink in her hand. "Heyy, what you guys up to?" she asks confused on why we're alone.

I look at Hyunjin and he does a small nod.

"Em... I gotta tell you something."

*10 minutes later*

"Y/n, you know you have to tell Jimin." Em says.

My heart starts racing fast. "I know, but i'm scared."

Her and Hyunjin both hug me.

"He seems pretty understanding, I think it'll turn out okay," Em says reassuring me.

I nod and we all walk downstairs together.

"H-Hey Jimin..?" I say once I reach him. Everyone gets quiet for some reason.

"Yes? Is something wrong, babe?" he asks worriedly. He hugs me knowing that I need one.

Fidgeting with my fingers, I tell him everything that happened within the past 40 minutes. I haven't looked up once to see his face, so I do so. My heart drops when I see a stern look on his face.

He closes his eyes and breathes out. Then, he takes his keys and walks out to the van. The boys follow him, but Hobi walks up to me before leaving.

"I'm so sorry about this, Y/N. Whoever you end up choosing, we will support you. We love you!" I hug him and burst out crying.

"I love you all too. Thank you for being here for me. I don't know what I would've done without you all. I don't know what I would do..."

He smiles and chuckles. "Just call me if anything's wrong. See you later!"

We wave to each other and the door closes. Now it's just me, Hyunjin, Felix, Chan, Jisung, Minho, Jeongin, Changbin, Seungmin, Leo, Mara, and Emerson.

I'm still crying and I can't seem to stop. "I'm sorry guys, I don't know why I'm so emotional about this."

"I totally get it, it's stressful when you have to risk hurting someone else. And the way he just walked out without saying anything? I'm sorry, Y/N.." Chan say then hugs me which turns into a group hug with everyone.

"I love you all, thank you. I appreciate you all being here for me," I say calming down some.

"I just don't get how he's your soulmate and i'm not." Jisung pouts making us all laugh.

"Okay, we should probably get going, it's late and i'm tired," Minho says.

Everyone agrees on how tired they are, so they start to head out.

"Do you want me to stay here with you just in case you need someone?" Hyunjin asks me.

I shrug. "I don't know if you should, i'm still dating Jimin and he seemed pretty pissed about the situation..."

"The guy walked out on you like it was your fault. And, we're both your soulmate. So, it's up to you, but i'm just saying."

I start fidgeting with my fingers again, then smile. "You're right. Even so, I can have whoever I want over at my house."

He smiles at me. "Good job, you learned some common sense." He messes up my hair and laughs walking upstairs to my room. Ah, this man.
___________________
AHH PLOT TWIST CHAPTER!! sorry it took two weeks to write this chapter but at least it's less than the time frame i usually write in 😭😭 i'll try to write tomorrow soo i can finish the next chapter sooner. then the book will be finished in just a few more chapters OMG I JUST REALIZED THIS 😱😱 so stay tuneddd!!💓💫✨