Chapter 18, A Divorce

October 11th, 2008

Aaron's POV

Haley and Jack returned home after that note. They went to visit her parents. Haley and I tried to be civil, but she was right. Our relationship needed to end. So, I took the necessary steps to do so.

"What are these?" I hear Haley whisper scream. We had just put Jack down for the night, and I set down the divorce papers on the counter.

"They're divorce papers. Just like you wanted, Haley. I'm sick of the emotional abuse I take from you! I'm sick of you trying to make me inferior to you, just because I can't be home as often as I'd like to be. I've had enough." I say, and Haley looks offended.

"Emotional abuse? You want to talk about emotional abuse? What about the constant worry of whether or not you're going to make it home in one piece? You're away constantly Aaron. Jack needs his father." Haley spits out, and I know she's not completely wrong.

"Jack has a father, it's me. We spend every moment we can together. Don't think you're so innocent over there, Sweetie Pie. I know you're cheating on me. Please just sign the damn papers." I say, and Haley inches closer to me.

The anger building in the room. I didn't know what she was going to do. All I knew is that I needed to stand my ground. "You're willing to give up on a decade worth of love, just like that?" She asks.

I didn't love her, not in the way I thought. I love Cassie, and seeing her 'be' with Spencer pissed me off. I'm just glad they let me in on this little plan, so I wasn't as mad. "Don't turn this around on me. You're the one who told me you wanted the divorce first. You're the one that's cheating. You're the one always pushing me down, badgering me that 'I'm not a good Father.' So yeah, I'm done Haley. I'm fucking done." I say pissed off.

Haley's eyes shoot through me, telling me all her anger. She's going to do something. "You're a piece of shit. You don't love me, not like you used to. Let me guess, it's because of Cassidy isn't it? You love her, and you're taking shit out on me because she's in love with your co-worker. Aaron she doesn't love you, she never will love you. Don't think I didn't see you glance at her like you'd rip her fucking clothes off." She replies, angrily.

Before I could say another word, Haley goes to grab her purse. She signed the papers, and walked back toward me. "Here Aaron. You wanna chase after the same slut you have your entire life then go for it. By the way, I was fucking your brother. He was always much better in bed. I'll be filing for full custody of Jack." She says, walking out.

I have never felt more relieved, sad, and angry all at once. I did the only thing I could think of to help calm me down. Call Cassie. I quickly dial her number, hoping to God she'll answer.