24.

Giselle
1 week later

"Giselle, just take the shit. You need to know, girl."

"Shut up, Lani. I'm scared. Damn." I rolled my eyes hard while Lani, Angel and Mila all watched as I looked down at the pregnancy test sitting right in front of me on the coffee table.

"Lani don't rush her, just let her take her time." Mila told her and she scoffed, throwing her hands up in defense.

"Fine." She walked away, plopping down onto the other couch across from me.

"Look, I get that you're scared cousin but sitting here looking at the test isn't going to give you any information."

"You need to take it." Angel now pressed me as I sighed heavily, poking my lip.

"I know that, Angel. I do but I just can't." I said to her as the screen door abruptly opened and I quickly grabbed the test off of the table while everybody looked back to see who it was coming in.

"Hey, ma." They all spoke to my Auntie Tee as she came waltzing into the house with my grandma right behind her.

"Hey. What y'all doing?" She asked as they both dropped their bags and began interrogating us since we were all sitting in the living room.

Sitting here looking guilty, her eyes landed directly on me as I sat there trying to keep a poker face.

"What's that?" She asked, looking down into my hands and I covered it completely, putting it down between my legs.

"What's what?" My mom mom asked and I sighed deeply, knowing that I couldn't lie to her.

"I don't know. G got something in her hands and they're in here being sneaky.." My auntie Tee trailed off and I rolled my eyes, putting the test down on the table.

There was no use in hiding it. If I was pregnant, they'd know sooner or later.

"What is it?" My mom mom asked, now looking down at the test on the coffee table.

"A pregnancy test?" They threw their heads back in shock, looking around at all of us girls.

"For who?" My auntie Tee asked and nobody said nothing but her eyes landed on me again.

"You, GG?" They both asked and I sighed deeply, poking my lip out.

"Yeah."

"But I don't know, Auntie. I haven't taken it yet." I went on, whining to her like I used to do but she wasn't falling for any of that right now.

Her or my grandma.

"So you and Abir have been having unprotected sex?" She asked as my mom mom looked at me, still in shock.

I couldn't even blame her because I, myself, was still in shock that it could even be a possibility.

"Wow, G." She looked at me with knowing eyes before she looked over to my mom mom.

As she did, we all waited for her to speak or say something because honestly, her opinion mattered the most, to me and obviously everybody else.

"Look here." She started.

"Y'all gon' a head and let me talk to my grand baby." She ended up shooing everybody away while they all stood to their feet and as soon as they did Tone came walking in.

"Yo, mama." He spoke loudly, making my Auntie Tee push his right back out of the door.

"Damn, what I do?" He furrowed eyebrows as they pushed him all the way out and closed the door behind themselves.

When they did, I sat there a while as my mom mom looked at me and I looked down at my hands nervously.

"Giselle." She said my full name and I gulped hard, looking up at her.

"Yes, ma'am?" I answered her politely, knowing that she was serious with me right now.

"What did I say about unprotected sex?" She asked me and I poked my lip out, looking up at her.

"You said you don't care what we do as long as we don't have unprotected sex or get into any trouble, mom mom." I repeated her words from a month ago and she looked at me sympathetically.

"So what happened, GG?" She asked and I shrugged my shoulders unsure.

"I don't know. I guess me and Abir were just in the moment."

"I didn't even think to ask him about a condom because he always used to wear one. I never had to ask." I expressed to her, truthfully.

I left it up to Abir because I never expected him to do anything to me without a condom. He always made sure to wear one with me. Every time.

But things were obviously different now.

"So when you looked down and saw that he was inside of you with no condom on, you didn't think nothing of it?" She wen my on schooling me as I sat there listening.

I had nothing to say. She was right.

"Whew chile, these kids." She shook her head as she walked toward the other couch to sit down.

"So now what, GG? You think you're pregnant?" She asked and I nodded my head.

"Yes."

"Why do you think that? Did he-" She started but stopped, looking at me seriously and I smile small, feeling weird telling her this.

"I'm serious. I ain't playing. Did he?" She asked and I shrugged my shoulder.

"Honestly, mom mom. I don't know."

"I just missed my period and I threw up a few times so I automatically assumed but I could just be assuming." I explained to her and she nodded.

"Hm." She said, looking at nothing in particular.

"And how long ago was this?"

"Last month.." I trailed off and she shook her head, looking at me now.

"Well then go and take the test so we can know, baby."

"If it's been a month, that baby is already growing, so we can't be playing around with this." She sent me off but I still sat there, not moving an inch.

"What's the problem?" She asked and as I looked down at my hands.

"I'm scared, mom mom." I admitted as tears began cascading down my face.

It was finally beginning to set in that I could really be pregnant and how was I going to tell Abir this? I couldn't just walk up to him talking about being pregnant.

I couldn't do it.

"GG, don't play with me on this god giving day. Get up there and take that damn test." She spat to me and I looked at her with wide eyes as I tucked my lips to keep from laughing.

"Mom mom." I spoke in amusement as she sent me away, pointing toward upstairs.

"Gon' head now." She spoke seriously and I did as told, grabbing the test before I slowly made my way up the steps and she continued muttering thins under her breath.

"Ass wasn't scared when you was laying there getting it." She went on and I smacked my lips, making my way into the bathroom.

*