3.8

A new chapter at last! Please enjoy! And happy holidays! Please keep in mind that it's been a while since I've written so it may be different.. and it's short, because I am trying to get back into writing!

ALSO The Gay Project reached number one for Larry stylinson au Last week I'm just in shock bc it's been up for years and it was incomplete but I've been shown so much support!! It's currently #14 but that's still soooo high up! I love guys!! ❤️

Everything was steady. Harry had won his first football game, everyone in their friend group was in a happy relationship, prom was right around the corner, and everything was... steady.

Tonight was the night that Louis and Harry will tell their parents about the engagement. Louis had begged his mum to fly out to Doncaster, just telling her that he wanted her to meet Harry, but she couldn't do it, too swamped with work, so the two lads had set up a video chat, waiting on the call.

Louis was wearing a pair of leggings and one of Harry's tees, completely comfortable as he laid in Harry's lap, feeling his fiancé's hand in his hair. He was wondering what his mum's reaction would be. After all, he and Harry hadn't known one another for long, but... it just felt like it was meant to be. Louis had to ignore everyone else's opinions and focus on himself.

Except... he wasn't really sure what he wanted, either. It's not like he could've said no to Harry, in front of all their friends. He would have loved to have some sort of discussion about this first, but that's not him saying he had regrets. He didn't regret saying yes to Harry... he just sort of wishes that Harry would've waited, at least a year in or so. Especially after Harry's little meltdown over a louis being busy.

"Lou?" Harry said, interrupting Louis's thoughts. "What's on your mind, baby? You're clenching your little fist, like you do when you're anxious."

"Dunno.. a lot," Louis whispered, closing his eyes. "I just... I feel like we should talk deeper about what you said to me. You basically said I seduced you into being gay."

Harry huffed, looking up at the ceiling. "I apologized."

"But is that enough? We're engaged, Harry. I mean... That was something so little, and you said hurtful things, ignored me for weeks.. what will you do during our more serious arguments, Harry? If I'm being honest..." Louis paused, sitting up and sighing. "If I'm being honest... we don't know anything about one another. I don't know what you're planning on going to uni for, what you want to be, how many kids you want - if any, where you want to live. I don't know anything about the plans for your future and.. if I'm include in your future, shouldn't I know these things?"

Harry looked at Louis, biting his lip. "You... you want to hold off on the engagement, don't you?" He asked quietly.

"No... well - I don't know. Maybe hold off on telling everyone? Maybe talk about things. It was very sudden... I'm just - I'm terrified, Harry. Maybe we should pause," Louis confided, glad to get this off of his chest, though, he didn't want to hurt Harry.

"Oh," Harry breathed, nodding. "You're right."

"I am?"

"Yes. I mean... I'm just not used to being in a relationship," Harry said. "I get stubborn and a little dramatic when things don't go my way. I say really hurtful things to you any time we fight. You shouldn't feel guilty for trying to get to know me... for now, we can make it... a promise ring. Until you're ready... but I'd still like to meet your mum tonight," Harry said gently. "And I'd love to work on being more mature, for you, and for our future. Which, by the way, will hopefully include me being a professional football player, in London, with my beautiful husband and two kids." He kissed Louis's head, and the older lad smiled to himself. That was more like it.