x. REUNION

x. wendy and steve!

two years ago, if someone had told wendy carmichael that she would be helping pull a girl with special powers back from being killed by an alien-like creature, she wouldn't have believed them.

"nancy, shoot it!" jonathan byers yelled as nancy wheeler held a shotgun in her hands, trying to find the courage to shoot the monster that had destroyed the roof of chief hopper's cabin. eleven let out a scream and the monster snarled at the kids.

nancy fired a shot towards the creature and it let out a snarl of pain. nancy continued to shoot at the monster as all of the kids and wendy tried to pull eleven back down. lucas sinclair slashed the demogorgan's extended tentacle, causing the monster to roar. after several shots and more slashes, el fell down with the ground and mike held her closely.

mike pulled the piece of the demogorgan's tentacle off of eleven, resulting in a loud, shrill scream from the girl. the monster roared again, and eleven stood up, her hair wild and her leg hurting.

wendy carmichael scurried to stand up, wondering what would happen next. eleven extended her hands out and yelled out, ripping the monster apart.

everyone yelled at each other to go and leave the cabin, helping hold eleven up as they all exited the destroyed building. the group ran and piled into nancy wheeler's car, and nancy wasted no time in starting the car and driving off.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

after healing eleven's injury and regrouping at the store, the group ended up at the starcourt mall. the group watched as eleven set the car alarm off, and flipped it on the russian guards. wendy glanced to see robin, dustin, erica sinclair, and steve stick their heads up from behind the counter.

wendy's eyes widened as she looked at her boyfriend. his left eye was swollen and he looked like shit, but that didn't matter one bit to wendy. robin, dustin, erica, and steve looked at the car and then towards the group.

steve harrington felt relief wash over him as he saw his girlfriend standing next to mike wheeler, he had never been so happy to see wendy before. both groups rushed to meet and greet each other.
"you flung that thing like a hot wheel!" dustin laughed as his group joined eleven's. he immediately hugged mike and eleven.

steve ran over to his girlfriend, pulling her into a big bear hug without a second thought.
"oh thank god." he mumbled as he burrowed his head in her neck.

wendy felt as if she could finally relax as she wrapped her arms around her boyfriend, hugging him tightly. the couple pulled away and steve rested his hands on wendy's face as he pulled her in for a kiss, but the girl dodged his kiss and shook her head.
"what the hell happened to you?" she asked, motioning to his swollen eye.

"russians. i'm sorry i lied to you, but i almost died today and from the looks of it, so did you. so please, stop talking and kiss me." steve sighed, finally finding comfort in knowing that his girlfriend was still alive.
wendy gave in and kissed steve, she would interrogate him more later.

the couple pulled away from each other and steve wrapped his arm around wendy's shoulder as they watched the sinclair siblings argue.
"what are you doing here?" lucas asked his little sister.

full of sass, erica sinclair pointed towards robin and steve. "ask them. it's their fault." she stated.
"true, yeah. totally true. it's absolutely our fault." steve agreed, resulting in a light hit on the arm from wendy.

"i don't understand what happened to that car." robin glanced back over towards the car, resulting in a smile from wendy.
"el has superpowers." dustin informed casually.

"i'm sorry?" robin questioned, obviously confused.
"superpowers. she threw it with her mind. c'mon, catch up." steve explained.

as the group continued to clear up the misunderstandings and new members, wendy leaned into steve's side. through the chaos that was sure to come and the pain that everyone had been through, she was just relieved and happy knowing that the group was reunited and everyone was still alive.